• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I present as evidence: Rule #1, "The DM Can Make Their Own Rules."
This means the rules are complete when the DM says they are, until the DM changes their mind.
Boom. Rules-lawyered.

Why do there have to be rules for everything in D&D? It's gotten to the point that rules dominate just about every aspect of the game!

It might even be said that rules have become the foot-long sticks of D&D.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Why do there have to be rules for everything in D&D? It's gotten to the point that rules dominate just about every aspect of the game!

It might even be said that rules have become the foot-long sticks of D&D.
Are we in 2022 talking 5.5 or in 2003 discussing 3.5?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Are we in 2022 talking 5.5 or in 2003 discussing 3.5?

1663722344127.gif

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
It feels odd to me to pick J, K, and L as the inspirational toppings for your pizza when J is something that would destroy the crust, K is a topping almost no restaurants (or even good grocery stores) have so almost never comes up, and L is seemingly for an entirely different class of food unless you're making a dessert pizza ... which J and K don't typically go with.

----

Some days, the thing that makes me happiest about ENWorld is realizing that none of y'all actually have any control over what the pizzeria is putting on the menu or what recipes they use.

Last edited:

Remove ads