• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm like, the mayor of Dunkin'

DUNKIES!

giphy.gif

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Oh no, are we back to temperature doesn't really objectively matter because it doesn't tell people how to feel?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Oh no, are we back to temperature doesn't really objectively matter because it doesn't tell people how to feel?

Nope, we're back to the inarguable, "Don't be a jerk to your SO!"

Unless your SO plays bards or likes pineapple pizza. In which case ... I mean, that's what we call a dealbreaker.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
After seeing a lot of them driving a long drive through side streets of downtown Chicago one day, my son still groans whenever he sees one of their signs.
Yeah, I don't know. As a Chicago area man myself I don't honestly see the appeal and why we have so many here. I also don't understand why people from Massachusetts love it so much. Their donuts are overpriced and honestly worse than gas station donuts, their coffee is whatever and their hot food is microwaved trash.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
It feels like household harmony is optimized by pointing out to the one who needs the AC or Heat run more that the kids might like that money to be spent on going to college someday and that they might also appreciate not having the planet be dead due to global warming. Probably said loud enough for the kids to hear. And then end with, wouldn't a jacket (in winter) or fan (in summer) help give our kids a chance to live long enough to have their own kids if they want?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It feels like household harmony is optimized by pointing out to the one who needs the AC or Heat run more that the kids might like that money to be spent on going to college someday and that they might also appreciate not having the planet be dead due to global warming. Probably said loud enough for the kids to hear. And then end with, wouldn't a jacket (in winter) or fan (in summer) help give our kids a chance to live long enough to have their own kids if they want?
The-Simpsons-Meme-Global-Warming.jpg

Hussar

Legend
It can be equally frustrating to the other person as well, who has to keep explaining their preferences! Which, you know ... that can be obnoxious in its own way
To be honest though, that's rarely the way it goes. It's almost never "Oh, I don't like this thing" and leave it at that. It's almost always, " I don't like this thing because A, B and C." and then get all bent out of shape when A is demonstrably untrue, B is only true from a certain point of view and C is true but largely irrelevant to the conversation.

There are just so many buzzword arguments like this. It's "-amey", videogamey, samey, boardgamey, take your pick.

I have zero problems with anyone not liking something. That's perfectly fine. And, if you don't want to explain your preference, that's groovy too.

But what actually happens is someone starts dumping on EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION with the same gripe, over and over and over again, endlessly. It gets really tiring after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads