• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Me too.

I mean, let's face it. Mr. Pibb is not nearly as pretentious as "Dr." Pepper. Did you know that Dr. Pepper isn't even a medical doctor? That's right- Pepper got his doctorate in Creative Writing and Literature. I totally respect the work he put in, but making everyone call him Doctor? At poker night?

A little pretentious. I'm going to hang out with Pibb.
Is Royal Crown even a prince?

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
But which of them goes well with Locust Pepponi Pizza?
GoodQualityFood10.png

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Is Royal Crown even a prince?

Gotta say, I think that there is a lot of puffery in the carbonated sugar water field.

I once drank 28 bottles of Cheerwine ... and I didn't get drunk.

I also wasn't very cheerful. Honestly .... far, far .... FAR from it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If you’re not going to concern yourself with people‘s emotional connections with a product, positive and negative, you’re not listening to your market.

If you are going to concern yourself with every emotional connection, you will be paralyzed, as many of them are mutually exclusive. Choices must be made.

Mercurius

Legend
It's why I avoid a lot of genre stuff anymore to be honest. I just cannot handle the screaming, frothing of the mouth, constant negativity surrounding any fandom. I know that it's only a tiny slice of the fandom, but, it's kinda like a swimming pool. Even though there is only one turd in the pool, I still won't swim in it.
I hear you, at least in terms of how "fandom" is almost always tediously rife with over-serious unpleasantness, though would broaden it a bit. It isn't just the negative stuff, but the common castigation and equation of any criticism with "toxicity." Toxic has become one of those catch-words that is enormously overused these days - along with narcissism, gaslighting, grifting, problematic, etc etc. These terms are often used as ways to discredit any view that doesn't jive with the view of one's own allegiance.

I also tend to think, perhaps rather cynically, that corporations and the media machine in general, tend to hype up controversy as a means to get our attention (even negative attention is better than no attention, because the name of the game is views and clicks). So in a way, no matter which side of any issue we're on, we're all being duped, because we're all giving "them" our attention. I can't remember who coined the phrase, but in reference to social and online media, it is an "attention economy."

I sometimes find myself feeling a sense of bemused self-loathing when I spend hours reading about some online controversy that could have been spent reading a good book or creating art or contemplating the mysteries of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads