The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Time for some things some people may need to hear.

The Hobbit films are not nearly as bad as you think they are, or are being told. We all know it's not Lord of the Rings. Get over it.

Star Wars films were never really that good, but I still love the crap out of them and will continue to do so as I please. Besides, the Holiday Special already set the lowest bar so it can't be any worse. Get over it.

Movies should not be treated like comic books stories that go on forever. The MCU should have finished with Endgame. I'm over it.

I need to come out of hiding and start playing games with other people again.

My favorite comics have often been the ones that didn't involve the world ending or a country being taken over or destroyed - but were more about the characters. And so I am liking a lot of the MCU (TV) stuff they're putting out now that has the smaller scale stories a lot.

I am over people who don't care about stories unless they have the end of the world (or half of it) as the outcome of failure, or need a bad guy who can beat the last bad guy who was tougher than the bad guy before that.

(So, Busiek's Kang Dynasty is one of my least favorite Avengers stories - even though there are a few sub parts I really like).

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
500+ movies are released in the US each non-pandemic year. How many of them are super hero ones? And, unlike RPGs, do any of them require a viewer to have a large regular group of friends buy in before they partake? Are movies no fun without such a group? Do we need critical or box office backing before we admit to liking them or want to discuss them? Do we see a lot less movies (as opposed to TV shows) as a people than we used to? Does that make us focus only on the tent-pole or big event ones?

Remove ads