The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Ninth month of the year. Midwinter in the northern hemisphere has people... looking for entertainment indoors a lot, I guess.

My daughter was just born. . . in September, so I can attest to this.

groucho marx GIF

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Aw. The Echo Knight didn't even make it into the Top Ten. That's a shame; it's one of the more underrated Fighter subclasses in the game, IMO. I recommend it to all of the Fighter Fans who want more battlefield position and control, but don't want to cast spells.
I love the echo knight! However, it doesn't work as written, and when it does work, it's more complicated and convoluted then any other Fighter subclass.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My view/response/impression of the first screen and half's worth of threads on the D&D forum which I looked at just now:

• Interesting, but don't have much to add
  • Facts, but any discussion about it collapsed into the usual obtuse pedantry and BS by the end of the first page.
  • The scare quotes have made me never click on it
  • A thought experiment I don't have interest in contributing to, so why derail?
  • You don't need WotC to stat everything for you.
  • Cool! Thanks for the tip, esp. since I might run this - but nothing to say about it
  • I got about 10 minutes into one CR episode once. I found it cringey.
  • I recently started playing an OSR game, but this still doesn't interest me
  • Once Hawk the Slayer was removed what was the point?
  • A necro thread. I already said my peace/piece? I love eggcorns.
  • Again, the 51 pages demonstrate there is nothing in this thread that hasn't been said before
  • I lost interest in these.
  • Speculation and a token will get you a ride on the NYC subway, except not because they don't make tokens anymore.
  • I like how this guys uses the forums to explore possible directions for his game, just don't have anything to contribute
  • I just can't with this guy half the time.
  • I might click on this one later
  • A friggin' Snarf Thread. Nuff said. (literally, I responded once, that was 'nuff).
  • I don't care about math and averages.
  • More baseless speculation
  • I don't need to hear everyone dunk on NuTSR anymore - place it in the dustbin of history and move on
  • I don't care enough to figure out what this is.
  • Informative, I guess. Just not for me.
  • But why?
  • Everything I hate about "build" approach to playing D&D

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
My view/response/impression of the first screen and half's worth of thread on the D&D forum which I looked at just now:

• Interesting, but don't have much to add
  • Facts, but any discussion about it collapsed into the usual obtuse pedantry and BS by the end of the first page.
  • The scare quotes have made me never click on it
  • A thought experiment I don't have interest in contributing to, so why derail?
  • You don't need WotC to stat everything for you.
  • Cool! Thanks for the tip, esp. since I might run this - but nothing to say about it
  • I got about 10 minutes into one CR episode once. I found it cringey.
  • I recently started playing an OSR game, but this still doesn't interest me
  • Once Hawk the Slayer was removed what was the point?
  • A necro thread. I already said my peace/piece? I love eggcorns.
  • Again, the 51 pages demonstrate there is nothing in this thread that hasn't been said before
  • I lost interest in these.
  • Speculation and a token will get you a ride on the NYC subway, except not because they don't make tokens anymore.
  • I like how this guys uses the forums to explore possible directions for his game, just don't have anything to contribute
  • I just can't with this guy half the time.
  • I might click on this one later
  • A friggin' Snarf Thread. Nuff said. (literally, I responded once, that was 'nuff).
  • I don't care about math and averages.
  • More baseless speculation
  • I don't need to hear everyone dunk on NuTSR anymore - place it in the dustbin of history and move on
  • I don't care enough to figure out what this is.
  • Informative, I guess. Just not for me.
  • But why?
  • Everything I hate about "build" approach to playing D&D
TL;DR

Remove ads