• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
What about a ...
Now with more than a reply to a thread, except w/hidden rpg content!
1659129922174.png

G

Guest 7034872

"There is no virtue in snark."

^^ There are days on which I have to keep reminding myself of this. It has never, ever, ever made me a better person. I have never seen it do so for anyone else. I mean, it's fun, but it builds no virtues.

G

Guest 7034872

What about a ...
Now with more than a reply to a thread, except w/hidden rpg content!
Wait, are we doing RPG-themed music in here? I've got one, I've got one, I've got one! It's twice the length it should be, but it's not bad for a third-string 70s rock band:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Wait, are we doing RPG-themed music in here? I've got one, I've got one, I've got one! It's twice the length it should be, but it's not bad for a third-string 70s rock band:

The only 4E character I really got to play was partly inspired by Molly Hatchet - I was converting a 3.5 ranger dual-wielding hand axes into 4e and didn't particularly have a personality in mind for the character who was male at the time. However, I was reading up on the Lizzie Borden story when Molly Hatchet's "Fall of the Peacemakers" came on and I was particularly struck by the line, "Stop the madness"... And suddenly, I had a two-page backstory about Molly Borden, a borderline psychotic young woman from a family haunted by a six-generation-long history of murder and madness, who still carried the family heirloom hatchet she'd killed her abusive parents with as a teenager. I left the exact nature of the family's "curse" open to DM interpretation as to whether it was caused by a history of mental illness or by being controlled and corrupted by the (possibly evil, possibly sentient) magical axe that had been passed down through the family.

It's fun playing a character who has trouble remembering that the solution to every problem isn't to hit it with an axe until the problem goes away. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads