The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Now I'm trying to merge that with what @Steampunkette 's Paranormal Power says about them... and my brain wants to add in what my 13yo twas trying to tell me in the car this morning about SCP-2430 from the SCP Foundation report....
All Imaginary Friends are, by nature, communists.

No. I will not explain further. Enjoy the influx of imaginary communists into your campaigns going forward.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
All Imaginary Friends are, by nature, communists.

No. I will not explain further. Enjoy the influx of imaginary communists into your campaigns going forward.

They said D&D was too important to be left to the Dungeon Masters. When they said that, twenty years ago, they might have been right. But today, D&D is too important to be left to the players. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow imaginary friend infiltration, imaginary friend indoctrination, imaginary friend subversion, and the international imaginary friend conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious d20s and our sacred cans of Mountain Dew.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Karl Marx in Zur Kritik der Hegelschen Rechtsphilosophie said:
Das rollenspielende Elend ist in einem der Ausdruck des wirklichen Elendes und in einem die Protestation gegen das wirkliche Elend. Die Rollenspiel ist der Seufzer der bedrängten Kreatur, das Gemüth einer herzlosen Welt, wie sie der Geist geistloser Zustände ist. Sie ist das Opium des Spielerin.
Which, as best I can translate it, says:
Playing roleplaying games is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Roleplaying is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the players.
So, there you have it, RPGs are definitely not communist, but rather an expression of pure evil capitalism, from the Man himself!

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-23 125640.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-23 125640.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 27

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I have real friends who are communists, meet Katya Kazbek, a Queer Jewish Ukrainian writer who once worked for the Left Front, she wrote a book, it is good! Little Foxes Took Up Matches
Which is cool.

I'm referring to Imaginary Friends the A5e/5e monster I put into my book, Paranormal Power. They're adorable friends to children, and protectors, as a Thoughtform Fae being.

And every last one of them is a communist. From the ones the size of a house all the way down to the tiniest cricket-friend telling you to follow your conscience. All of 'em.

Emoshin

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
What do you call it when a thread asks a challenging question that initially seems intriguing in a hypothetical fantasy universe, and it engages you on that hypothetical, but then you realize that you're actually living in the real world with real human beings and the thread suddenly isn't so fun anymore (and how do people in the TV and movie industry navigate this question of what is OK or not to put out into the universe as part of their job, it sounds so stressful)?

What do you call that?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases