The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Google's Bard is also flumoxed when asked for Richard Wright's Haiku 302 (similar to ChatGPT) - says it doesn't exist, makes one up given a line, and the count isn't 5-7-5.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Or the possibility that you (you, the person having the problem at every table; not you, Thomas Shey) are the problem.

That's absolutely true, but often these are things that, if described accurately, are not problems for just the person reporting them. That's the whole issue with the "never seen it happen" kind of responses; at some point you take the report given on the face of it or you don't.

Much of my own gaming life has been shaped by the people who were available for me to game with, so I'm very sympathetic to your first paragraph, to be clear.

Its also often the case that people have a binary view of other players, especially when what they're hearing is reports of problems they're bringing to the game. You're likely to hear that a given player (or players) has problem A and B that they bring with them, but not that they also have virtues X, Y, and Z that they bring to the table. So often even if they aren't friends of yours or the only people you have access to, you don't want to throw out X, Y, and Z to get rid of A and B; you want to address A and B.

Scribe

Legend
No actually, you dont see it.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The Richard Wright Haiku (#302-304) I have been using to see how the AI will lie to me are:

There is where I am:—
Summer sunset loneliness,
Purple meeting red.

A balmy spring wind
Reminding me of something
I cannot recall.

Lonelier than dew
On shriveled magnolias
Burnt black by the sun.

Remove ads