The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

FB_IMG_1679707888972.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it mildly perplexing when someone's first post on a forum is to a thread that died out five years ago? I mean, did they start reading the forum from the earliest archived thread or something, and just didn't notice the dates on the posts?
It's been so many years since I changed the settings on this forum I don't even remember how it's configured when you first sign up...

Ryujin

Legend
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it mildly perplexing when someone's first post on a forum is to a thread that died out five years ago? I mean, did they start reading the forum from the earliest archived thread or something, and just didn't notice the dates on the posts?
It's been so many years since I changed the settings on this forum I don't even remember how it's configured when you first sign up...
I used to wonder about that so I asked a couple of people who did it, immediately after signing up. They found the posts with a Google search and were looking for assistance with the same issue.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I used to wonder about that so I asked a couple of people who did it, immediately after signing up. They found the posts with a Google search and were looking for assistance with the same issue.

Well, that makes sense... I dunno, maybe I've just gotten old enough that I've been internet-ing long enough to have learned to always check the dates on things.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Well, that makes sense... I dunno, maybe I've just gotten old enough that I've been internet-ing long enough to have learned to always check the dates on things.
LOL half the time newcomers are like, "didnt see alignment ever discussed on this 20+ year old site, so here goes...."

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Considering how cyclical and repetitious most RPG discussions are at the best of times it’s probably easier to not care about the dates and just post. Might even nudge things towards something akin to institutional memory rather than thinking every random thought or idea is fresh and new.

Remove ads