• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The IR Aftermath Campaign Characters

Janos Audron

Explorer
kal, explain to me how Anab can get a +6 for *all* his DC's for 36,000 GP, while the normal items gives +2 to *spells* for 50,000. Could you post the version you are using, because this is a bit confusing...

Kal, how much would the following item cost:

Wish List
(Everything you write on this piece of parchment you get. Immediately. No failures. :p)

Hunters' Eye:

Choose 5 races. The Eye can cycle between those 5 types of "enhanced race vision". The effect is a +3 (competence?) bonus to attack and damage for the active vision type (the features of the creatures have more contrast for example), but because the Eye is focused on one type of creatures, you get -1 attack and damage for every other kind of creature. Also, because you see the creatures more clearly, you can ignore any miss chance due to concealment.

Helmed Horror:
Do you still keep the (IMO wrong) item creation cost?

And can I safely assume that a commoner (lvl 1, human) has failed a will save DC 42 about 5 years ago?

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Ahh, ok. just wondering...

Kal, could you post a list of what gods there are? Also, if you created any gods, could you post them? I'm still trying to find a neutralish god of vengeance/retribution/etc and protection. (if anybody else has any ideas, could you let me know? Thanks

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr, I've picked a god, so don't worry about that. My char'll be a follower of Hoar (forgotten realms).

One other thing though, I was wondering if you'd allow me to switch some of the yuan-ti racial abilities (spells they can cast by race) for other ones, because as it stands, I think the most useful thing i have is a DC20 poly-other, which is really low. (not to mention the DC 17 entangle, DC 19 suggestion, or the almighty 16 SR)

Janos Audron

Explorer
Kalanyr: While everyone is carrying guns, why would people still walk around in leather armors and mithral breastplates? I don't know what TL (GURPS term, meaning Tech Level. Modern times is TL 7, meaning you have acces to guns, kevlar, computers and cars of this time.) we're in, but what are stats for kevlar vests and some other super armor against bullets (GURPS has stats for those things. They give you DR 34 [and that is *a lot* in GURPS] or something, at TL 7). Also, are there Armor Piercing bullets (technological variant on Brilliant Energy weapons, but they deal less damage) and Hollow Point bullets (and HP bullets that can deliver poison, potions, magical beasts (tiny) etc?)?

Is Shar still a goddess, or is she part of Melkor (I don't think I want to worship Melkor :/)

And I want to submit another companion:

Dennis the Peasant: Young Gold Dragon (Large Dragon).

Str 25, Dex 10, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10; AC 22; AL: N; Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +0; HP 1d4+0 (4); Speed 60 ft., Fly 200 ft.; attacks +7, +2, +2, +2, +2, +2 (1 bite, 2 claws, 2 wings, 1 tail). Damage (2d6+7 bite, 1d8+3 claw, 1d6+3 wing, 1d8+10 tail).

(Think Utter Thrall and Polymorph Other :D)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Can I see a complete write-up for Utter Thrall please? I have a feeling that it might be going on my Forsaker list (ie You aren't touching it until I've been through it with a chainsaw), Harm is currently on the same list.

Until such a time as I see that no companions will be forthcoming as it seems like an incredibly powerful version of leadership currently. Oh and if its on the same level/more powerful than the Psionic power Thrall I assure you I will be modifying it.

(Wondered how long I'd get away without the armour bits, coming up in about a week, maybe sooner if I get some free time.)

No, none of the extra stuff you mentioned is available added details like those tend to invite abuse, from what I've seen. (poison being the exception, that can be done)

Oh and just to make some things clear to the resident "Powergamers" the following ARE evil acts:

1. Poison of a harmful nature (Poisons to render unconscious are not evil)
2. Disease of a harmful nature

Janos Audron

Explorer
Well, kalanyr, there is a discussion going on in the rules forum about poison. I suggest you read it.

http://test.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14382

So, does that mean no vision enhancement or no AP / HP bullets? And what about the HHorror?

Utter Thrall:

Wiz 8 (Enchantment)
Range doesn't matter, close I think
V, S
Target: 1 humanoid
Duration: Permanent (D)
Save: Will negates
SR: probably
Book: BoEM II

Subject is totally under your control. Will carry out obviously self destructive commands. Can only have 1 thrall at a time.

http://pub58.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm19.showMessage?topicID=7.topic

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Like most people participating in that thread on poison I couldn't care less about what conclusion is never reached on the morality of poisons. I use my own moral values when assigning alignment to actions.

Is Utter Thrall also Mind-Affecting by any chance?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads