The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar does his best to ward himself against the poisonous smoke before entering the room, but feels some of leak into his lungs the first time he inhales. He pushes forward regardless and searches one of the crates Rilissa opened.
OOC: How long does ward the smoke last?

[sblock="actions"]Minor: Ward the smoke on self
Move: to S11 (Not exatly sure which two squares have the crate ad barrel, so if S11 isn't adjacent to one, move adjacent to one of the two instead)
Minor: Search crate (or barrel)[/Sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 25/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 4

The group gathers by the room's door, peering in as Rilissa and Sha'kar look inside. Ignoring the smoke that burns their eyes and skin, Rilissa pulls the lids off of a few containers, while Sha'kar digs through the dirty straw inside one of them, finding a vial of some strange silver liquid marked "gost ban" in crude Allerian lettering. Might be useful, but probably not the treasure the group is looking for.

Deeper in the tomb arena, the ghost's wail starts up again and again it appears out of the wall. This time though, Ignatz is ready for it and charges it.

GM: @Medina , I was wrong too, Dina was in U10. Moved Corragan to U9 instead.

The ward against the trap lasts until the end of your next turn. The poison gas fills the purple area on the map; in other words, it only effects you if you go in the room.

Ghost Bane: Consumable, minor action. Apply this to a weapon or implement. The next time you hit an insubstantial creature with the weapon or implement before the end of the encounter you ignore its insubstantial trait. Against the Jade Ghost, it does not get a Spectral Resistance roll against your attack.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Incense Burner Trap: 6 vs Rilissa's 14 Fort, miss.

Jade Ghost: Move. Charge <Interrupted by Ignatz' charge: 1d20+7=12 vs Ghost's 19 AC, miss>.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: U9, 28/28hp, Smoke Ward +2
Sha'kar: S11, 25/30hp, Smoke Ward +1
Rilissa: S9, 17/27hp
Ignatz: U13, 30/30hp
Dina: U10, 24/24hp

-Enemy-
Incense Burner: Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Fort, 1d6+4 poison damage and 5 ongoing poison damage and weakened(save ends both).

Jade Ghost: U14
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Incense Burner Room, Updated]Objects: There's one barrel that is open and ready to be searched.. It's a minor action DC 15 Perception check to search it thoroughly.

Warding the Smoke: As a minor action DC10 Heal check you can ward yourself or help ward an adjacent character against the smoke until the end of your next turn. If you beat the DC, the target gains +1 to their Fort defense against the burner, +1 per 5 over the DC. [/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Jade Tomb]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 4.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 4.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I've decided to re-flavor Body of the Wolf into a partial transformation with a claw weapon instead of a full transformation with a bite weapon, because the idea of my gouge and hat routinely melting into my arm and head (respectively) is really weird.

When I label a roll 'w/Claw' that means I'm using the natural weapon I have when I'm polymorphed, which is a +3 proficiency 1d8 damage melee weapon that uses my primary weapon's enhancement bonus, but doesn't have a weapon group. My roll should have been +7- I was originally going to ready an action to trigger after Dina buffed me with Magic Weapon, but then I realized that if her buff was successful, she would have hit her attack and my attack may well have not had any valid target. Is all that okay?

Ignatz pounces on the ghost, but the agile wisp avoids his lunge easily. Ignatz snarls, and lets his hunting instinct and the primal magic in him take over. His pupils dilate, and he rushes under the ghost, low and fast. He doesn't use his bulky weapon this time- instead he lashes out with sharp claws, too fast for the dead thing to avoid him. The thing is torn apart... but to Ignatz's profound frustration, the thing reforms.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Body of the Wolf
Standard: Pressing Strike (shift->U15) vs JG AC 19
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18(19), Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina moves up behind Ignatz and prods at the ghost with her longspear. The ghost, like always, eventually reforms.

[sblock=Actions]Move: U12
Standard: Magic Weapon (1d20+8-2=24)
Spectral Resistance (1d20=20)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes []
Healing Infusion []
Inspiring Word []
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order []
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[][/sblock]

OOC: The good news is I can't seem to roll a low number. The bad news is I can't seem to roll a low number when I need to.

Medina

Explorer
Seeing the ghost appear, Corragan moves to dealing with the new threat rather than worrying about searching the room. He moves forward and calls upon the winds to buffet and disappate the ghost, which quickly reforms.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Move to U11. [/sblock][sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Grasping Tide on U15 (no concealment on the attack since it's an AOE)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Corragan - Elf Druid (Unaligned) Level 1
Initiative +3

Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light

HP 28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 7
AC 16 Fortitude 11 Reflex 14 Will 16

Speed 8; Size Medium
Str 13 (+1), Dex 16 (+3), Wis 20 (+5)
Con 11 (+0), Int 10 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers:
Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Elven Accuracy
Summon Giant Toad

HP Remaining 28/28
Healing surges remaining 5/7
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry for the two "Actions" blocks, for some reason I can't change it, the forum just seems to put the blocks back in if I delete them.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
I think I found something that might help get rid of that ghost for good," Sha'kar says, walking back out of the smoke, then giving the vial to Corragan.

OOC: Who wants the Ghost Bane? Someone that has a good hit bonus...
I'll add action block after I know who I'm giving it to.

[sblock="actions"]Move: to U10
Minor: Give Ghost Bane to Corragan[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
Hearing a commotion in the hallway, Rilissa moves out and sees Ignatz playing with another ghost. She moves up behind him, and traces a sigil marking the ghost with her aegis magic. Having done that, she takes a knee for a moment and tries to shake off the pain that's starting to cloud her mind.

OOC: I suggest giving the Ghost Bane to someone with a ranged attack. Melee could get stuck unable to swing at it.

[sblock="Actions"]
Move - Move to U12
Minor - Aegis of Assault on Jade Ghost
Standard - Use Second Wind
[/sblock]

[sblock="Aegis of Assault"]If the ghost attacks without including me in it, within 10 sq, teleport adjacent to it and make a MBA.
Longsword (+6 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage)
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 23/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 6/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Used

Powers: (Underlined is used)
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I suggest giving the Ghost Bane to someone with a ranged attack. Melee could get stuck unable to swing at it.

OOC: Not sure if it'd be good ona ranged weapon, I know a lotta poisons etc you apply to the specific piece/pieces of ammo, so if they all miss...you lose out on it. Dunno if it'd be the same here. [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION]: Any input on that? It could go on an implement for ranged implement powers. My at will implement attack only has a +4 bonus though, so might do better on someone else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases