The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Faraque

First Post
OOC: *shrug* people are going to be occupied with dropping tomb gear and trying to get out more so than the statues, I'd guess. Those that aren't, could very well break them quickly. But, we have all 3 treasures, and just need to get out to win, at this point. It's a 50/50 thing.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ignatz will be sticking around to see what's in the sarcophagus. He ain't afraida no ghost. Not ongoing damage neither. [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], can I use Swift Charge to attack another statue even though the statues technically aren't enemies?

The painted wood in his pocket burns Ignatz as the mist in the tomb billows around him. He smiles as Rilissa runs deeper to help Dina. To Corragan, he growls, "Hyu iz qvick- tek dis ting, and get out. Hy vill help de odders finish op here." He turns to have his way with another one of the statues, his claws shattering stone.

[sblock=Actions]
Start of Turn: Take 2 ongoing damage
Free? Minor?: Hand Corragan the treasure Ignatz was holding
Standard: Charge->E10, Howling Strike HIT StatueD11 AC18
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Ongoing 1, Resist 5 Force, Wolfen (+1 speed, claw weapon), Gouge has Sha'kar's Augment Energy
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 14/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 6/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], two things. First, Rilissa is a woman, lol. Second, I am running back towards the tomb, to try to save Dina, who is slowed and in severe trouble with the ghost. I'll take it if you wish, but I'm not going to the exit just yet.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I can take the treasures if you want to give them to Corragan. He's got 2 already, and is (I think) the fastest member of the party. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

Medina

Explorer
Corragan chokes on the thick mist as it closes in around him, and takes the treasure from Ignatz. Even as he takes it, his body begins to shift into the form of a panther, and he breaks off at a run to escape the clawing mists
[sblock=Actions]No Action: Take 3 damage
Minor Action: Wild Shape
Move Action: Run to L5
Standard Action: Run to O12[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]Corragan - Elf Druid (Unaligned) Level 1
Initiative +3

Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light

HP 28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 7
AC 16 Fortitude 11 Reflex 14 Will 16

Speed 8; Size Medium
Str 13 (+1), Dex 16 (+3), Wis 20 (+5)
Con 11 (+0), Int 10 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers:
Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Elven Accuracy - USED
Summon Giant Toad

HP Remaining 18/28
Healing surges remaining 4/7
[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar quickly tries to divest himself of the cursed equipment, managing to drop the crossbow and staff, but the armor refuses to come free from his body.
[sblock="Actions"]Start of Turn: 5 ongoing damage
Minor: drop cursed staff
Move: drop cursed crossbow
Standard: attempt to drop first cursed armor - fail[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 20/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 4 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions: Wearing Jade Fortified and Tomb Fortified Armor

Jade Tomb Items:
Jade Fortified Armor (Worn)
Tomb Fortified Armor (Worn)
Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 23

Dina struggles in vain to come up with anything they don't already know about the obnoxious green ghost, but is at a loss.

The ghost, challenged by Rilissa's magic, turns and attacks the swordmage,

GM: Note: Everyone takes 1 ongoing damage a round until out of the tomb. It is increased when items are carried, but it's always 1.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Jade Ghost: Shift to I17. Spectral Touch(+2 CA): 25 vs Rilissa's 14 Fort, hit, 5 damage and slowed(save ends).

Mist Curse: Each character takes 1 ongoing damage a round until out of the tomb. This ongoing damage increases by 1 per item taken from the Armory, or one of the three treasures. Getting rid of the now-cursed weapons or armor takes a minor action and allows a save to drop the offending item. Treasure can be handed back and forth freely between adjacent party members.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: E9, 18/28hp, grants CA
Sha'kar: E12, 20/30hp
Rilissa: E6, 12/27hp, grants CA, slowed
Ignatz: I8, 1+14/30hp, resist 5 force
Dina: I19, 18/24hp, slowed

-Enemy-
Jade Ghost: I17, Aegis(Rilissa)
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps][sblock=Disarming the Traps]If you want to try to disable a trap, feel free to be creative and/or ask questions as I'm not posting specific solutions. It's not required to disable the traps, but it should be possible for each of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jade Tomb Trap]Any character entering or starting their turn in the tomb summons a manifestation of the Jade Ghost into an adjacent square that immediately attacks them and then must be destroyed normally.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mist Trap]Anyone who enters or starts their turn in the mist room takes an attack: +5 vs Will, teleported into a random trap room elsewhere in the dungeon, activating the trap, then immobilized(save ends).

Destroying the trap: The trap has 30hp, 15 AC, and 13 to other defenses.

Warding: Arcana, Dungeoneering[/sblock]

[sblock=Incense Burner Trap]Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Fort, 1d6+4 poison damage and 5 ongoing poison damage and weakened(save ends both).

Warding
: Heal, Endurance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Trap Warding]As a minor action, make a DC10 check with the skills listed in the trap to ward yourself or help ward an adjacent character against the trap until the end of your next turn. If you beat the DC, the target gains +1 to their defense against the trap, +1 per 5 over the DC.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Rooms][sblock=Sarcophagus Room]Engraved upon the side of the Sarcophagus is the following:

I HAVE THE FATE OF A CAT, BUT ETCHED IN STONE
I WEAR MANY FACES, BUT THEY ARE ALL THE SAME
I CANNOT BE KILLED, BUT CAN BE DESTROYED
THOUGH CURSED ARE THOSE WHO TAKE FROM MY TROVE
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Arcana: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=Victory Condition]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures. All 3 have been collected.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 23.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 23.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 69

Faraque

First Post
Sores and blisters start to form on Rilissa's skin, and she looks like she may falter soon. Nevertheless, she attacks with gusto, trying to win the day.

[sblock="Actions"]
Begin of Turn - Take 1 ongoing. No longer grant CA.
Standard - Greenflame Blade vs Jade Ghost (+7 vs. AC, Hit: 1d8 + 4)
Move - Shift to I15
Minor - none
End of Turn - save vs. slowed.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 11/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 6/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Used

Powers:
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade