The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz dashes after his prize: the mystery that the puzzle was meant to protect. He is very, very curious, like a cat; he has no attention to spare for the last little scuffle between the ghost and his two allies. He jogs up to the sarcophagus and peers inside.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: ->I18
Move: ->L16
Minor: Held based on what I see in the sarcophagus- I'll make a check if necessary, or use the Minor to take something from the tomb.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Ongoing 1, Resist 5 Force, Wolfen (+1 speed, claw weapon), Gouge has Sha'kar's Augment Energy
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 14/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 6/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 1
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
With the ghost dispatched, Rilissa turns to run as fast as she can out of this tomb, yet her legs betray her. She begins to fear she may not make the door in time.

[sblock="Actions"]
Begin of Turn - Take 1 ongoing.
Double Move - Run Action to E10
End of Turn - save vs. slowed.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 10/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 6/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Used

Powers:
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ignatz dashes after his prize: the mystery that the puzzle was meant to protect. He is very, very curious, like a cat; he has no attention to spare for the last little scuffle between the ghost and his two allies. He jogs up to the sarcophagus and peers inside.

Inside the sarcophagus is a strange clockwork device with a jade orb in the center. The clockwork device seems to have stopped moving, but the orb's surface shimmers...

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz picks up the device, looking for any buttons or switches or other means of interaction. He doesn't know anything about how complex machines work, or what magic might be involved here, but sometimes intuition and luck conquer all.

OOC: Do I need to make any checks?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Suddenly, the Jade Ghost comes shrieking out of the sphere and... doesn't attack. It just wails plaintively at Ignatz, as if waiting for some orders that will temporarily distract it from some endless torment.

Do I need to make any checks?

GM: It is the Orb of the Jade Ghost: Level 1 Magic Item, Power(Daily, Minor): Range 3, summon the Jade Ghost in a square in range. The Jade Ghost may be directed to take its move, minor, or standard actions as a minor action. If not given at least one command, it attacks or charges the nearest creature or moves towards the nearest creature if none are in charge range.

[sblock=Jade Ghost Stats]AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. Fly 6, phasing. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar sprints toward the entrance of the tomb.
[sblock="actions"]Start of turn: 1 ongoing
Double run: to N12[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 16/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 4 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions: Wearing Jade Fortified and Tomb Fortified Armor

Jade Tomb Items:
Jade Fortified Armor (Worn)
Tomb Fortified Armor (Worn)
Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Match Over

The crowd cheers as the group sprints out of the killing mist, leaving the group panting and bloodied underneath the arena.

GM: The tomb trap was responsible for the jade ghost, not the mist. THe Mist Trap was responsible for the mist (the one that teleported Ignatz).

I figured out how many rounds it would take to get everyone out of the tomb and applied the appropriate 1 point of ongoing damage per round. Sha'kar and Rilissa both were exactly 1 square short and ended a round at the top of the stairs and no quite out of the level.

You all get 1d6=3 short rests before the next match. Keep track of how many surges you've spent and also roll initiative for the next match. I'll post it in the next day or two.

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: 14/28hp
Sha'kar: 13/30hp
Rilissa: 6/27hp
Ignatz: 12/30hp
Dina: 12/24hp

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Appease the Crowd]*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Arcana: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz sits and rests- his wounds are fairly minor, but he's fatigued. While the group waits to be directed to the next fight, he idly takes out the Jade Orb and watches it reflect light prettily.

[sblock=Prep]
Initiative is 7- these low Initiative rolls are no good. :(

If I spend three surges, I'll be at full hp. If I spend only two, I'll need 6 hp of bonus healing from somewhere. Even if I spend three, I can probably donate a surge for a Healing Infusion- 2 surges will probably get me through the next fight.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Wolfen (+1 speed, claw weapon), Gouge has Sha'kar's Augment Energy
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 4/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads