The Mandalorian | Official Trailer | Disney+ | Streaming Nov. 12

Hussar

Legend
I've always been baffled by the popularity of Boba Fett. A nothing character with a couple of throwaway lines killed off for a quick laugh.

Why do people care?

Zardnaar

Legend
I've always been baffled by the popularity of Boba Fett. A nothing character with a couple of throwaway lines killed off for a quick laugh.

Why do people care?

Badass, armor, his overall look, and source material outside the movies. Videogames as well.

He trained Jaina Solo to defeat her darkside brother. Taught her to fight dirty using shot gun pellets. Deflect that.

Mercurius

Legend
"He's no good to me dead."

But yeah, the helmet.

But I remember people being upset about his unceremonious (humorous) death.

On the other hand, he's a bit like the githyanki of Star Wars: when you grow up, he's not quite as amazingly cool as he seemed as a 12-year old.

Zardnaar

Legend
If you think The Mandalorians armor looks good, well you just explained the appeal.

Also Darth Revan used a Mandalorian mask and he's one of the more popular Sith Lord's. And the big reveal surrounding that mask removal.

Hussar

Legend
Badass, armor, his overall look, and source material outside the movies. Videogames as well.

He trained Jaina Solo to defeat her darkside brother. Taught her to fight dirty using shot gun pellets. Deflect that.

What's a "Jaina Solo"? Who is her brother and why should I possibly care? And, of course, I can stop LASER beams, but, I can't stop shotgun pellets? Yeah. "Darth Revan"? Some sort of bird sith lord? Taps on windows and talks about how things are nevermore?

God I loathe the EU. What a hot mess of garbage that I so glad they ejected. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's funny. People bitch about Rei as a Mary Sue, yet, now we have a character that can do everything better than everyone else, but, apparently, he's just cool?

I freely admit that he's a popular character, for some very bizarre reason. Frankly, it wasn't until the Prequels that I even knew that Boba Fett fandom was a thing.

Zardnaar

Legend
What's a "Jaina Solo"? Who is her brother and why should I possibly care? And, of course, I can stop LASER beams, but, I can't stop shotgun pellets? Yeah. "Darth Revan"? Some sort of bird sith lord? Taps on windows and talks about how things are nevermore?

God I loathe the EU. What a hot mess of garbage that I so glad they ejected. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's funny. People bitch about Rei as a Mary Sue, yet, now we have a character that can do everything better than everyone else, but, apparently, he's just cool?

I freely admit that he's a popular character, for some very bizarre reason. Frankly, it wasn't until the Prequels that I even knew that Boba Fett fandom was a thing.

EU did have a lot if garbage in it but the best if it is better than Disney's efforts and it did revive Star Wars.

The modern EU also lasted 23 years which is basically a generation of Star Wars fans. Millions played the video games as well.

And how is Revan any more absurd than Sideous?

Fett's also the most expensive Star Wars figure iirc. His popularity started in the holiday special. It really took off in the RPG and 1991s Dark Empire.

He wasn't a clear cut goodie like Luke, and be wasn't as dark as Jabba, Vader, and the Emperor.

Any hero that's to over the top goody two shoes is probably going to be rejected at least since the 90s.

ccs

41st lv DM

That's the reason right there.

Fett's wild popularity started in '79 when he was introduced as a mail order promo action figure for ESB.
He was supposed to come with a missile firing backpack..... And then didn't.
His popularity was solely cemented by his badass look & his cool ship, his 29 words of dialogue, & the fact that he was pretty much a blank slate from ESB through the early 90s.

And then the EU happened.

But Fett was already a fan favorite. Had been so for over a decade. The EU simply capitalized on that (and likely tarnished it a bit.).

Zardnaar

Legend
Fett EU was a mixed bag, can't recall anything about him dramatically awful but his trilogy wasn't that good either (Solos trilogy was great).

He resurrected the Mandalorians that was kind of cool. TV show seems similar to the old EU in the immediate aftermath of post Endor. New Disney EU hasn't hit the heights if the old but it's avoided the pits as well.

If this show is good it might be the new Thrawn Trilogy for Disney. It looks good, reception has been positive online and I want to see it.

Zardnaar

Legend
And the prequels, which completely stripped him of any mystery. Whoever asked to see The Man With No Name as a child?

Can we call that the Anakin effect?

Kid Vader, AotC tweaked should have been part 1 IMHO.

Star Wars isn't perfect it has its ups and downs.

A warning. Avoid the Crystal Star and Children of the Jedi.

Positives of the Mandalorian from that trailer.

1. The armor
2. The look and feel of the scenary
3. The badass ex New Republic special forces lady. Tell me more.
4. IG 88s in it. It's EU story was a bit meh, good candidate for better story.
5. The armor
6. Overall gritty feel
7. The armor
8. Doesn't say anything
9. The armor
10. Faces down the death troopers from Rogue One.

10 good reasons to watch it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases