The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ashoka is clearly a master by Rebels. The council doesn’t determine what someone’s skill set is. It’s just a rank. Saying you can’t use the Jedi Master class to represent someone because the council never promotes them is complete absurdity.

Gamerules. You have to be a member of the Jedi order to take levels in the advanced classes.

The way talents, levels and force powers work in SWSE actual Jedi levels don't matter to much.

The difference between. Jedi 7, Jedi knight 5, Jedi master 3 vs a Soldier 7, force adept 5, force disciple 3 is mostly academic.

I've built Jedi in that game that don't bother deflecting or block incoming damage they just absorb it.

Mandalorian Knights and a couple of the other force traditions can also match Jedi (or both). Force sensitive crimelord is also funny. I didn't write the rules. Mandalorian Jensaarai is also funny.

Ashoka is clearly a master by Rebels. The council doesn’t determine what someone’s skill set is. It’s just a rank. Saying you can’t use the Jedi Master class to represent someone because the council never promotes them is complete absurdity.

Thsts exactly what I'm saying. She isn't a member of the Jedi tradition any more.

She can't take levels in Jedi Master any more than she can take levels in Sith Lord.

Annakin couldn't take Master levels because the Council said no.

Luckily for him, he joined a different Force tradition literally the next day.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Gamerules. You have to be a member of the Jedi order to take levels in the advanced classes.

The way talents, levels and force powers work in SWSE actual Jedi levels don't matter to much.

The difference between. Jedi 7, Jedi knight 5, Jedi master 3 vs a Soldier 7, force adept 5, force disciple 3 is mostly academic.

I've built Jedi in that game that don't bother deflecting or block incoming damage they just absorb it.

Mandalorian Knights and a couple of the other force traditions can also match Jedi (or both). Force sensitive crimelord is also funny. I didn't write the rules. Mandalorian Jensaarai is also funny.
That’s a dumb rule.

Anyway, why would you use soldier!? Slightly higher BAB ain’t worth the lack of skills, man! At least level 1(maybe2) Scout then go Soldier.

And spending your force powers instead of using block and deflect seems pretty costly. OTOH, 2 Talenta for block and deflect is steep. We ended up combining them into one talent, and a weaker form of Block became a basic thing anyone with a melee weapon of shield could do.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Thsts exactly what I'm saying. She isn't a member of the Jedi tradition any more.

She can't take levels in Jedi Master any more than she can take levels in Sith Lord.

Annakin couldn't take Master levels because the Council said no.

Luckily for him, he joined a different Force tradition literally the next day.
And I’m saying that’s nonsensical. 🤷‍♂️

Zardnaar

Legend
That’s a dumb rule.

Anyway, why would you use soldier!? Slightly higher BAB ain’t worth the lack of skills, man! At least level 1(maybe2) Scout then go Soldier.

And spending your force powers instead of using block and deflect seems pretty costly. OTOH, 2 Talenta for block and deflect is steep. We ended up combining them into one talent, and a weaker form of Block became a basic thing anyone with a melee weapon of shield could do.

Scouts usually good for evasion. Yay look at my block and defelect.

Look at my thermal detonator, autofire and shotgun.

Scout Jedi

Fml.

Quite a few soldier talents apply to lightsabers think I just stopped using block and deflect due to talent tax.

Go back and watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Not a lot of dialogue in it. In fact, there's no dialogue at all in the first 10 minutes.

But the dialogue that is there is VERY memorable and good, and it has a good yet simple plot.

And as for the Original Trilogy, I wouldn't go hanging your hat on Lucas' script. The plot was completely rewritten by Marsha in the editing booth because George didn't understand the basics of plot structure.

Every show and movie goes through various rewrites. It is not like one single writer does an entire episode of the Simpsons by themselves. Others always come in to punch things up. What matters is the final product.

And I’m saying that’s nonsensical. 🤷‍♂️

She left the Jedi Order!

Her taking levels in Jedi Master would be no different to her taking levels in Sith Lord.

There is a RP prerequisite that you be a member of that Force tradition and meet the RP requirements (for Jedi Master, this generally entails training a Padawan to Knight level, and being admitted to the Council).

Shes left the order, renounced the Jedi, has never taken a Padawan to Knight lecel and was never on the Council.

A big part of the appeal of this show for me is that isn't lost or GoT, I'm fed up of endless plot twists and questions that never get satisfactory answers, I enjoy it's simplicity, to me it tells a story in a style that feels like star wars.

Like I said, I'm not asking for endless plot twists and convoluted storylines. I'm asking for one properly written episode, with stakes, a set up and a pay off. Very simple. One episode that isn't a disjointed mess.

They tried all the overreaching plot arcs and twists and sub plots and clever dialogue in the sequel trilogy and while I enjoyed those films, they didn't feel like star wars, and overall their critical reception wasn't great I would say rogue one was the only film to marry the two styles successfully.

I feel like the problems with the prequels are not so much in the plot, but in the dialog and the execution. Bad direction, bad acting, terrible lines and line deliveries, and an unlikable main character.

Plenty of time for that. Esposito already let it slip that we would see more of Gideon in season 3.

We are halfway into season 2 already. Not a whole lot of time to establish stakes. If this season ends again with one single confrontation between Mando and Moff Gideon in the final episode, where Mando easily defeats him and yet lets him live, I will be severely disappointed. And I don't think the show will ever have any stakes if they make that mistake.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
She left the Jedi Order!

Her taking levels in Jedi Master would be no different to her taking levels in Sith Lord.

There is a RP prerequisite that you be a member of that Force tradition and meet the RP requirements (for Jedi Master, this generally entails training a Padawan to Knight level, and being admitted to the Council).

Shes left the order, renounced the Jedi, has never taken a Padawan to Knight lecel and was never on the Council.
Classes aren't professions. They're just convenient names pasted upon a bundle of skills and talents. The Jedi Master class is a particular bundle of skills and talents that the SWSE writers thought the average Jedi Master would possess. Doesn't mean that there aren't other powerful Force users who would also possess those skills and talents.

RP requirements are useful, but there's no need to make them a straitjacket.

Classes aren't professions. They're just convenient names pasted upon a bundle of skills and talents. The Jedi Master class is a particular bundle of skills and talents that the SWSE writers thought the average Jedi Master would possess. Doesn't mean that there aren't other powerful Force users who would also possess those skills and talents.

RP requirements are useful, but there's no need to make them a straitjacket.

There are other Force users with those skills and talents. Force Adepts and Force Deiciples. Neither require you to be a member of the Jedi Order, and acceptance onto the Council or the training of a Padawan to Knighthood

If you ask Ashoka if shes a Jedi Master, she would say No.

She isn't a Jedi Master. She got to Knight level before leaving the order. Shes probably learnt new skills and abilities since then (and improved ones she already knew) but it was the as part of the Jedi (or Sith) Force traditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads