D&D General The Official Laugh at your Players thread

MarkB

Legend
In the spirt of the other thread....What are some stupid things they have done?

I was running a game a few years back for my "kids" group (then teens of driving age- and had been playing for 5-6 years together).

My son was having a horrible streak of d20 luck. His character was missing right and left, failing saves, etc. We sit at a big table, and they would just call out their roll. I never paid much attention to checking the dice.

There was a crucial roll- a save against paralysis or something, and dejectedly he rolled..

Then he looked at me dumbfounded, picked up his D20 and showed what was facing....

"0"...……....

The look on his face was priceless as he realized what he had done after about 3 or 4 seconds. I wish I had a camera.

He had grabbed a set of old school transparent percentile d20s instead of the d10s to use as percentile dice and inadvertently had been using one as his D20 the whole game.

I was trying so hard not to laugh and totally call him out-luckily his friends did.
Yeah, I've seen that one. In our case it was a player who'd forgotten his dice and borrowed some spares from another player - and he had such notoriously bad dice luck anyway that nobody raised an eyebrow at his poor rolls up until he finally rolled a 0, a couple of hours into the session.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Real quick:

Our sorcerer ended up putting to of our warriors to sleep, not realizing their foes had more hit points.

We all laughed, even the players' whose characters fell asleep.

Remove ads