• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

ToddPBC

First Post
Hello! I'm new to thread –:)and new to D&D in general. I've dabbled in Castles and Crusades, but 4e seems accessible and I'd like to give it a shot.

Runewind

First Post
I'm new here, but you probably won't have to go easy on my psyche, I'm already disturbed enough. ^^

I wouldn't really say that I'm new to D&D, but I've never really had the chance to play before. I'm a victim of the circumstance of living in a small town the majority of my life, so far. I did have my dad's first edition books and I had most of the 3.5 material, just...never had anyone to DM.

So, yeah...hi.

Erestor

First Post
Hello

This is my First post - And the "official Welcome Thread" seems to be the best place :)

Marc, 39 years old, French (sorry), D&D player for 1/4 of a Century.
Like some of you, discovering the 4th Edition ...

Have a nice Day,

M.

DaysOfMay

First Post
Greetings and salutations, good people of ENWorld.

I'm relatively new to RPGs - started playing somewhere around the time 3.5 came out (although my first rulebook was plain ol' 3E). That's what? 5 years of gameplay. Yeah, sounds 'bout right.

The first RPG game I played, before ever touching D&D, was Call of Cthulhu (the d20 one, although I've also played the Great Old One). A friend of mine and I wanted to see what the fuss was about and so decided to examine an RPG game via something we already know and love, the Cthulhu Mythos. The encounter was crushing. I've never fully recovered.

I prefer DMing to playing. The last campaign I led was a two-year Eberron Extravaganza, which has already been praised on ENWorld as having a cute DM, although the poster that praised it didn't get the gender quite right. I blame my elfish good looks.

I hope your walls have less rats than mine.

Remove ads