• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The prophesy of the Child [Recruiting till 26-01-07]

Velmont

First Post
Updated my sheets here. I put one stats sheet for each form. In teh dire wolf form, I have strikeout the equipement I thought should dissapear as I couldn't see a wolf (or dog) wearing them. If you think I am wrong in my choice, tell it.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Actually, as of the latest erratta, *all* of your equipment melds and becomes non-functional when you use the Alternate Form ability.

That, and you copy/pasted your link wrong.

Voidrazor

First Post
Has there been another change since 2/16/06? That's the last change that appears on the Official D&D Errata page. There it states that items meld into the new form when using the Druid's Wildshape ability. But items worn while using the Alternate Form special ability, Polymorph Self or Shapechange are retained so long as the new form can use them. Items that can't be held or worn by the new form fall to the ground. A werewolf in hybrid form would retain the use of all its items.

Pyrex

First Post
I may have misread.

My understanding was that Wildshape turned off all your items because it was now bases on Alternate Form instead of Polymorph.

Ah, now I see the source of the confusion.

The RotG article on Polymorph/Alternate Form states that when you use Alternate form to assume a form of type Animal that all your equipment is unusable (in the case of the Druid Wildshape it melds with your form).

It's probably reasonable to assume that some of your equipment would still be available in Hybrid form though.

Voidrazor

First Post
Pyrex said:
I may have misread.

My understanding was that Wildshape turned off all your items because it was now bases on Alternate Form instead of Polymorph.

Ah, now I see the source of the confusion.

The RotG article on Polymorph/Alternate Form states that when you use Alternate form to assume a form of type Animal that all your equipment is unusable (in the case of the Druid Wildshape it melds with your form).

It's probably reasonable to assume that some of your equipment would still be available in Hybrid form though.

The third polymorph article section on equipment is explicit on this. Hybrid form would keep all it equipment, animal form would keep necklace and rings (probably belt too), but drop body slot items cloak and boots. Of course, its all the DM's call.

Pyrex

First Post
Ahh, that's the piece that was missing. Thanks.

The druid in my tabletop game will be happy to hear that his rings & amulet will generally work.

Remove ads