• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson involuntarily takes a step back from the door, looking alarmed.

"I think we want to be very, very carful if we open this door." He says firmly. "If I'm right, this is the symbol of the wizard Kotrit. He's said to have sealed a powerful psionic item in a chamber, along with one of his most potent minions. Kotrit specialized in Illusion magics, so we'd better not trust our eyes too well.

"All that said, a plus is that he's said to have left a 'hole' in the door's defences, allowing him to re-enter the chamber should he so choose. Quite what the hole is, is another matter entirely."

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius scratches his scruffy goattee. "Say, that'd fetch quite a price..."

He looks to see if maybe the all-powerful wizard was foolish enough to leave the hinges exposed on this side of the door. "Sometimes the smartest ones aren't the cleverest."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Osius - nope, the hinges aren't showing. :) However, while looking for hinges, you also notice that there isn't any real doorframe to speak of. The door simply seems to be part of the stone wall.

Agreed, with a couple of magic swords I suspect we'd be cleaving through the surrounding wall quite easilly. But then again I expect it to be fully encased which lies within. In other words, it probably is a adamantine walled room... errrr much gold........Heh...

Ruth walks over to the door for a bit and takes a good look around her.

Perhaps we should take that little history lesson quite literally. Let's all search the surrounding walls and the whole door with our hands or something. Maybe there's just a normal entrance protected by some illusion in the door or the walls.

[OOC: Ruth starts taking 20 while searching the door /OOC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus will proceed to poke around at Ruth's bidding. He's careful, trying to avoid pulling anything or pushing anything, if something seems like it could be moved, he will try to signal anyone around.

"I wonder how exactly this illussion is going to work..."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius will manifest Detect Psionics to determine if there is an active power running, or whether the door is a psionic item.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Osius - The door isn't showing any kind of psionic power.

Ruth, Animus - You look very carefully at the door and the surrounding stone for several minutes, poking and prodding lightly at several spots, but you don't find anything unusual or any other entrance, nor do you find any levers or knobs, or something that would indicate an entrance.

Sh*t.... I'm afraid someone did whipe out the lines containing the clue on the wall here :( Guess that's the price for resting an extra night to be at full strength :(

A tad disappointed Ruth leans on her sword as she does moer often then not and stares at the half whiped out lines on the wall.

Can anyone do something with those? I guess the must be SOME clue around here.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus tries to push and pull on the skull some more...

"Mayhaps this thing is strong... what I wouldn't give for a simple method to slide under the door."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads