• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part X

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
OOC: Wand in Jansson's backpack, Gnomework's house rule that any spellcasting class can use any wand. :)

OoC: Not just any spellcasting class... anybody can use a wand. They're designed that way. ;)

You stay right where you are... be right back... Damned man! How could I forget! Remember the trials we passed? Some of the stuff we were rewarded was a healing wand! I'm such an idiot!

Pointing an iron clad finger at Lornes while she thinks of it she leaps back into the room, metal clinging on the floor and she dives into Jansson's backpack to recover the wand and bring everyone back to consiousness at least.

C'mon Jansson, come back to me here. Don't make me miss you already little bastard! You're tougher then this!

[OOC: Ruth brings Jansson and everyone back to conciousness, including shardorn? And asks shardorn if she wakes up if she can heal her so she can guide them out of here back to the surface and their mounts. If Shardorn is dead Ruth will use the wand repeatedly on herself. /OOC]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Ruth leaps back into the room, heading for Jansson. She roots around in his pack, and comes out holding a nice-looking wand. She taps Jansson with it...

Jansson gets 18 back.

...and the halfling's eyes open.

She heads over to where Narok is, and taps him lightly with the wand...

Narok gets 15 back.

...and he, too, awakens.

She then uses the wand on Shardorn... however, the priestess does not wake up. Ruth then taps herself twice with the wand...

Ruth gets 35 back.

...and she looks quite a bit better.

OoC: The wand now has 44 charges left.

After reviving her two injured compagnions she drops with a heavy metal clang to her knees, letting the wand slip from her hands and make a soft sound hitting the ground as well. She takes of her helmet and flings it a few feet away. With a few tears in her eyes she looks around her to the rest of the group and then at the lifeless body of the cleric.

I kinda started to like her. We should take her back with us and see what might be done for her. I just hope her soul and spirit pulled through that experience. We might just find someone who can ask her if she wants to return to us.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson sits up, flinching slightly as he stretches a newly-healed wound. He shakes his head, his hair matted with blood.

"Oh gods, that's something I don't want to do again. I swear, I didn't think I was going..." He trails off as he spots Shardorn's still form.

"Hey, why hasn't anyone woken Shardorn up yet?" He asks, snatching the wand from Ruth. He runs over to Shardorn, and presses two fingers against her neck, feeling for a pulse...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus sends a Missive to everyone concious (taking the requisite talents and pp necessary), "Desimus was killed by the woman with the blade..."

He then crosses his legs and sits on the floor to contemplate, he lowers his head,
and cries...

Jansson... I already tried... Sorry.

And Ruth's gaze drops to the floor again. When she hears Animus in her mind she flinches but doesn't even bother to lift her head.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson sits speechlessly by Shardorn, a shocked look engraved on his face. This expression of horror only deepens with Animus news, and he silently smoothes back Shardorn's hair, trying to make her look as peaceful as possible.

"Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods, no, please not..." He chokes over the muttered words, and lets his own hair fall in front of his face as he shakes gently. After a few minutes he stops shaking, and gets to his feet, looking at his friends with angry, red rimmed eyes.

"We're going. Someone get Desimus, and I'll carry Shardorn. We're going back to Garanasseur, and the Council is going to help us bring them back. We all know the miracle that Jhessail performed on Animus, and I cannot belive that the Council don't have access to the same powers.

"And after that, we're going to find and skin that bastard githyanki and his... Where's Tori'shel?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads