• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part X

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Ooh, cocky, aren't we?" The blue-haired stranger says. "Well, if you must know, I am Kloranth Silndark." He pauses. "And I got in here... very carefully. I'll let the 'guardian' of the artifact introduce himself when he deems it appropriate." He makes a gesture back towards the masked figure.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I have mood swings." Syld waves the matter away with his hand.
"On to another topic, how did you get your hair stay in spikes like that? I might try something like that sometime..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Eh, little of this, little of that," Kloranth says, shrugging. "But before we start getting into issues of fashion, I have some other questions for you, such as: who sent you? And, if you like, I'll answer a question of yours after you answer one of mine."

Oeee shiny stone.... And the auras of a detect magic spell would probably just knock you right of your feet here. But damned that one shiny rock.... oeee....

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Ruth, I think that's a piece of the Psionicle, so it wouldn't show up as magical." Shardorn says. "Is it a piece of the Psionicle, Kloranth?"

The blue-haired man shrugs. "I don't know about anything called a 'Psionicle'. What I do know, though, is that this gem is a very powerful, very important psionic artifact."

"I doubt names are of much importance," The figure spoke abruptly, his voice cold and devoid of emotion. His mask gleamed slgihtly underneath his hood as he turned to speak, even though no light shone upon it.

It was a thing of beauty, the mask, as if it were a single glint of gold among a pile of rubble, it seemed slightly out of place on the shadowy figure. It was of purest white, with the texture of porcelain, resting upon a sea of black robes, a sinister smile was etched upon it, yet at the same time a large, sorrowful tear-perhaps in mockery-one could not tell, darkened in a spot beneath the eyehole-behind which was shadowy and seemingly vacant. Tiny inscriptions rested upon its outer edges, but those were noticed only after one was taken aback my the mask's outer beauty.

"What is important are the roles cast upon each one of us. You are all here to restore psionics, and I am here to assist you," The figure turned to look at the blue haired man next to him, "Yes, even you, Kloranth. However unlikely our circumstances have brought us together, our fates our bound-whether we like it or not." He gives a slight nod towards Kloranth.

"Your arrival here has been expected, although it has come much later than I would have thought. Perhaps if you had come earlier things might have been different, but at this stage of the game many things have changed-the rules that you play by and will have to play by, for instance. So, how many pieces of the Psionicle have you acquired already?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"... ugh. Where's the damned wizard that belongs with the weasel? I expected him here already. Since he doesn't appear to be, he'll be here soon, so we need to secure this artifact.

"Unless someone wishes to argue the point, I'm going to pocket it for safekeeping." Osius intentionally pauses to give anyone a chance to object, then walks up to take ahold of the artifact.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Osius walks up to the pedestal... but his way is blocked by the masked figure.

[Edit: Sorry about that, I somewhat jumped the gun on my posting. ;)]

Last edited:

The hooded figure interposes himself between the human and the gem, "I think not-are you truly ready to bear the responsibility of such a powerful item? Do you honestly know what it is that is in front of you?"

His masked face does not betray any hint of emotion.

Secretly, he worries...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads