• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part X

If you are one of her compagnions she ask me to bring you word of her. She spend this afternoon with me to discuss the things that she experienced and we talked a bit buiseness. Before she left my place though she asked me to walk by the Ace while I went over to my mom's. Ruth asked me to deliver you this note.

After putting it on his table with a simple nod and a little smile seeping through the young lad takes off again. The last bits of daylight seeping into the inn as the door slams shut behind him. A furious wind raging outside, perhaps marking the arrival of a seasoned storm.

Dear anyone who reads this? Probably Animus, you're more the action type and probably soon to be bored with that counsil! Ah well, to whomever reads this first... Please tell the rest that I'd like to go on with you on your adventure and quest to retrieve those other pieces of the artifact... not anyday a girl gets a chance to see the world and have the oppertunity to help shape it. But before you, and hopefully me as well travel on, I'd like to go and purchase some items and supplies. Last time I found myself a tad underequipped and I'm hoping to avoid that problem this time. Tonight I'm off handling some buiseness for the shop along with Eroll who I suppose just met, but tomorrow morning I'll be setting out to go and shop a bit around town. A couple of healing potions and a sunrod orto along with some food and drinks. You know, the much needed supplies. Now I think of it... perhaps some rope as well and I'll be tending to my weapons. If any of you would like to purchase some stuff as well or would like me to tend to your weapons or armor. You are welcome to join me at sunrise.

Greatings, Ruth.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Guess the lass has a point... Well, I think I have all I need except food for the moment, and that can be bought later.
Syld folds the note and tucks it to his belt. He then resumes reading and waiting for the rest of the group to come back.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"If you will excuse us," The githyanki says, and the Council rises, "we have other business to attend to."

"We wish you luck on your venture." The blue says, nodding to the group.

They file into the back of the room, gather into a circle, and disappear in a flash of purple light.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson leaves the tower, heading back towards the Ace.

"Well, at least we know where we're going now. And we'll have some gold to get us there. Quite a productive morning overall." He walks in silence for a moment, enjoying the short time free from duty.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius, alone in his room, attempts to mentally cement a clearer connection with the Amethyst. Perhaps by making a clearer link he can forestall anymore odd visions or dreams.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Since I volunteered the information on the Tooth," Kloranth says, on the way back to the Ace, "I'll try to draw out a map for you, and tell you what I can. I'll accompany you to Cara'nor, but beyond that, we must go our own ways... I have something to attend to that requires immediate attention elsewhere."

-----

Osius -
You meditate on the Amethyst once more, and though this time it gives off no feeling of sentience, you still feel a throbbing in Syld's direction and in the direction of where the Staff of Ancient Penumbra lies.

Jarval

Explorer
"Thank you, that would be most helpful." Jansson replies appreciatively to Kloranth's offer. "And thank you for leading us as far as Cara'nor. If there is any way me may aid you, ask freely."

Reentering the inns common-room, Jansson takes a seat at Syld's table.

"So, what news? Is Shardorn back in the world?" He inquires, anxiously awaiting the answer.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld answers with a bit of a smile.
"Yes, she's back with the living, though she's still resting." Syld pauses for a moment before continuing "Desimus didn't return."

The blue lets the news sink in before pulling out the message from Ruth.
"And this came from Ruth, says she's going to get some supplies tomorrow."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius foregoes any further meditations and conceals the Amethyst under his tunic. He decides to visit the common room briefly before retiring for the night.

"Shardorn's return is excellent news. I will miss Desimus; he was one of the few arcanists I respected."

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson bows his head briefly at the news of the failure of Desimus' restoration.

"Sad as I am that Desimus is no longer with us, I am sure he resides with honour in the afterlife. I worry that perhaps we unfairly pull Shardorn from her rest, but we need her skills." He sits heavily and takes the note from Syld, reading it quickly.

"Hmm, when the gold from the council arrives, we should perhaps buy ourselves some additional equipment. Anything in particular that anyone needs?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads