The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr calls down a shot from the tower and lets his spear fly, but both missiles fail to find their targets.

[sblock="Yimayngurr actions and stats"]Minor: Craftsman Z14 reloads

Minor: Craftsman Z14 fires on Rerisen at G6 = miss

Standard: :branged:RBA vs. Hulk at G5 = miss

[sblock=statblock]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 2
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:3/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+5 dmg
:branged:Throw Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+7 dmg
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Half-orc Resilience,Sure Shot, Begin the Hunt, Hungry Longspear
Conditions:[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Sorry for the slow post. Weekends are a little hectic lately.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The dead finally breach the center of the palisade, not far from where Eithal and Fredrock stand ready. Eithal charges into the gap to hold it, but elsewhere the palisade will not stand for much longer.

Another of the dead slips and impales itself on the palisade near Kaz, while near Yim, one of the beasts comes hurling out of the woods and clears the palisade in a single leap, claws sinking deep into one of the craftsmen as it lands.

Out of the woods comes another mass of the dead, but this time moving in formation, surrounding a figure in ancient red armor. Ravens swirl around the figure like a tornado and it holds a wicked blade swirling with black energies.

Cale points his sword at it and shouts "he comes to finish the job he started. Take as many of them with you before you die!"

Woodright lowers his crossbow and glances at Livia. "Are we expecting to hold against all that? Didn't someone say something about a ship?"

[sblock=Party attacks]Eithal charges, 21 AC vs Rerisen Hulk 4, hit, 9 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Trap Attacks]1d6=3 attacks. 1d20+5=18, 22, 21 Reflex, hit Rerisen Archer 4, "dead", hit Rerisen Beast 3, 1d8+3=10 damage, hit Rerisen Archer 7, "dead".[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Dead 1: Slam: 13 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 4: Slam: 7 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 6
: Slam: 19 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 7
: Slam: 25 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 8: Rerise: success, stand
Rerisen Dead 9: Attempt to climb the cliff and palisade: 20 Athletics, success. Palisade attack: 1d20+5=24 Fort, hit, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 11: Slam: 18 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 12: Slam: 23 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 14: Slam: 10 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 15: Charge, move to G18. Slam: 21 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 16: Dboule move to J29
Rerisen Dead 17: Charge, move to G4. Slam: 7 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 18: Charge, move to G19. Slam: 21 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.

Rerisen Hulk 2: Charge, move to G5, Slam: 15 AC, hit, 7 damage.
Rerisen Hulk 3: Charge, move to G8, Slam: 8 AC, miss.
Rerisen Hulk 4: Charge, move to H19, Slam: 17 AC, hit, 12 damage, palisade, section destroyed.
Rerisen Hulk 5: Double move to J28.
Rerisen Hulk 6: Move. Charge, move to H18. Slam: 13 AC vs Eithal, miss.

Rerisen Beast 2: Run. Pounce: Jump to L7. Claw(-5 run): 18 AC vs Craftsman 6, hit, dead.

Rerisen Archer 2: Longbow: 17 AC vs Eithal, miss.
Rerisen Archer 4: Rerise: Success
Rerisen Archer 7: Rerise: Success

Rerisen Swarm 1: Double move to J20, 2 squares up.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Rerisen Dead 1: G6
Rerisen Dead 4: I14
Rerisen Dead 6: J24
Rerisen Dead 7: J25
Rerisen Dead 8: K27, dazed
Rerisen Dead 9: K30, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 11: G7
Rerisen Dead 12: G17
Rerisen Dead 14: J23
Rerisen Dead 15: G18
Rerisen Dead 16: J29
Rerisen Dead 17: G4
Rerisen Dead 18: G19
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.
Rerisen Dead destroyed: 5

Rerisen Hulk 2: G5, 9 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 3: G8, 11 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 4: H19, 9 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 5: J28
Rerisen Hulk 6: H18, 9 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 7: B15
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15, Ref 11, Will 12, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.
Rerisen Hulks destroyed: 1

Rerisen Beast 2: L7, grants CA
Rerisen Beast 3: A14, 10 damage taken
Rerisen Beast 4: A16
Rerisen Beast: 28 max hp, AC 14, 11 Will, MBA: +6 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.
Rerisen Beasts Destroyed: 1

Rerisen Archer 2
: A25
Rerisen Archer 4: A12
Rerisen Archer 5: A13
Rerisen Archer 6: A17
Rerisen Archer 7: A18
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 14, MBA: +6 vs AC, 3 damage.
Rerisen Archers destroyed: 3

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: J20, 6 squares up, 28 damage taken, bloodied, slowed and can't shift, +3 damage against
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: B14
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: B16
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 max hp, AC 16, Reflex 14, Swarm, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast, Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable 5 to Burst and Blast attacks.

Livia
: Y17
Yimanyngurr: O9
Eithal: I18
Kaz: L28
Fedrock: L17

Craftsman 1: Y19
Craftsman 2: AA13, Reloaded
Craftsman 3: Y21
Craftsman 4: Z24
Craftsman 5: Z14
Craftsman 7: M11
Craftsman 8: M17
Craftsman 10: L29
Craftsman: Minion, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 13, Will 10, speed 4. Longspear(Craftsmen 6-10 only): Reach 2, +4 vs AC, 4 damage. Crossbow(Craftsmen 1-5 only): Range 15/30, +4 vs AC, 4 damage. Shortspear(all): +4 vs AC, 3 damage.
Craftsmen killed: 2

Master Mason: Q18
38 max hp, AC 15, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 12, speed 6. Mallet: +7 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage.

Captain Cale: O18
43 max hp, AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 15, Wil 15, speed 5. All allies gain +1 to hit and +3 to damage when they spend an action point while Cale is concious.
[sblock=Cale's powers]Viper's Strike(MBA): +10 vs AC, 19-20 crit range, 1d12+1 damage (crit 1d12+13) and the enemy provokes and OA from an ally if it shifts.
Paint the Bulls-Eye(RBA, Longbow): +8 vs AC, range 20/40, 1d10 damage and all allies get +3 to damage rolls against the target until the end of Cale's next turn.
Vengeance is Mine: immediate reaction, when hit by an enemy melee attack, +10 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage and an ally can move their speed and make a melee basic attack against the target.
No Gambit is Wasted: immediate reaction, when an ally misses all targets with an encounter or daily attack, attack one adjacent targeted enemy, +10 vs AC, 2d12+4 damage and the ally's power is not wasted.
Inspiring Word(x2): Minor action, one ally in close burst 5 heals surge+1d6.[/sblock]

Palisade Section HP(from left to right): 3/30, 20/30, Destroyed, 5/30
[/sblock]

[sblock=Special rules for this fight]As a minor action, you may let one of the Craftsmen, the Master Mason, or Captain Cale take a standard action. They may take move and minor actions as well each round if you convert additional minor actions to "fuel" them.

As before, if an adjacent craftsman is hit, you may take the damage instead as a free action. Alternatively, if you are hit, you may make an adjacent craftsman take the hit instead.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]*Any terrain with rocks is difficult terrain. You can ignore it by making DC 15 Acrobatics checks to keep your balance as you run across the rocks. Fail the Acrobatics check and you are knocked prone. You can, of course, use Athletics to jump over difficult terrain as always.

*The palisades fill all the squares they are in and will make attacks against anything that tries to climb over them.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• TheTowerRound5.jpg
    TheTowerRound5.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'd like to know, for future reference, how many and what kind of actions it takes

--to signal the ship (if that's possible)
--for one of the people on top of the tower to move to the trapdoor and climb down
--for someone to close the trap door from beneath.

Edit: oh and how high is the top of the tower from the ground?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=ooc]I'd like to know, for future reference, how many and what kind of actions it takes

--to signal the ship (if that's possible)
--for one of the people on top of the tower to move to the trapdoor and climb down
--for someone to close the trap door from beneath.

Edit: oh and how high is the top of the tower from the ground?[/sblock]

GM: * Signaling the ship would probably require moving to the top of the tower and waving a sunrod since there's no beacon built. It's probably still signal-able since this tower is built on a promontory that allows a good view of the sea and it hasn't been that long since Cale mentioned it.
* Opening or closing doors is a minor action, including trapdoors.
* Climbing ladders is automatic, you just move half-speed up a ladder.

The tower is 4 levels, each 10' tall, so about 40'. It's near the edge of a cliff that's a about two-hundred feet above the beach at its base.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal shoves one of the foul hulks into the palisades and then falls back, feinting an attack to lure the hideous things in one at a time, "Come ayand gayet it honey!"[sblock=Actions]Free: Mark the RRH's at H18 and H19
Minor: Warden's Tempest
Target: RRH at H19
Effect: Slide RRH into the palisade (hopefully suffering an attack) at I19

Move: Shift to J18
Standard: Thorn Strike
Target: RRH at H18
Attack: 1d20+9=12 vs AC Miss!

An AoE would be reeeeeealy nice right now, but I think I see the big guy at the back. We might want to hold off the big guns until then?[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Livia shoots another arrow into the nearest swarm of birds, causing them to flutter crazily before falling to the ground. "We didn't signal it," she says shortly. "If anyone has a sunrod, he can put it to good use."

[sblock=ooc]Livia doesn't have any sunrods :) If any craftsman on the roof has one, she'll order him to climb up and signal the boat. Otherwise she'll order someone to shoot and reload.[/sblock]
[sblock=actions]Standard: grappling spirits on swarm 1 1d20+9=26 1d12+7+3=21 is 10 damage. Swarm 1 is "dead."[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: *edit* (Sorry Mewness) [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]: Not yet. I guess I just got excited seeing All the bad guys bunched up against the palisades. Let's concentrate our ranged At-Wills on the guys tearing down the palisades. Meanwhile, we can weaken the remaining swarm from a distance.

Keep an eye on the map. If some bad guys end up bunched around the swarm, then make the most of your encounter power.

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
That's alot of dead walking! Captain, shoot that big one comeing thru the palisade! I'll pick them up as they break thru. You there, keep that longspear ready, the palisade won't hold 'em back much longer."

[sblock=actions]
OOC: My Str is low, so charging is not an option for me. Will continue to ready for when they break thru

note: RRD 4 at I14 is still marked by me (my mark stays until I change it)

Minor: Instruct craftsman 8 (M17) to ready to attack the 1st Rerisen Dead that comes withing reach (2)
Minor: Instruct Captian Cale (O18) to shoot Hulk 6(H18)
Standard: Ready to use:melee:Bull's Strength on 1st RRD that comes within reach (1) (I will attack after the craftsman uses his readied action, because Bull's Strength will push the RRD back 1 square on a hit.
[sblock=Fredrock]
The 1st attack that hits or misses me gives me 7 DR until the end of my next turn.

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 1
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19 Senses: Low-Light
Init -1, Speed:5
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 2/2
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
Battle Resilience link
Second Wind link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

:melee:MBA +3 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads