The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: My Channel Divinity power is not aoe sadly :(

Can Kaz and the craftsman attack K 27 & 30?

GM: Your AoE is only 1 target, but it technically is a burst or blast as far as thinks like, oh, vulnerability are concerned...

You can attack the one in K-27 normally (it's even dazed so you get CA). The one in K-30 is "dead" so the only attack that matters is Coup-de-grace.

pacdidj

First Post
Seeing the palisades nearest him rapidly crumbling, Yimayngurr calls out to the nearest craftsman, "Looks like its about time ta cut and run mate! Fall back to the tower!"

The half-orc hastily lobs his spear at the rerisen beast, who easily avoids it, then shuffles back the up the slope toward the tower as quickly as he can manage on the rocky terrain.

[sblock="Yimayngurr actions and stats"]Minor: Craftsman 7 run to P14

Standard: :ranged:Fading Strike vs. Beast 2 = miss

Move: to P12

[sblock=statblock]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 2
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:3/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+5 dmg
:branged:Throw Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+7 dmg
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Half-orc Resilience, Sure Shot, Begin the Hunt, Hungry Longspear
Conditions:[/sblock][/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz and the craftsman slice through the undead, bracing for more to reach them.

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Oath K-27
Rolls
Standard: Bound of Pursuit: K-27 20 vs AC hit.
Minor Craftsmen k-30 MBA, 17 vs AC, hit, coupe-de-grace, it is destroyed.

*note: Kaz will take all damage for the craftsmen (as long as it is not tons of damage ;))*

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low Light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:5THP 25/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Executioner's Axe +3 vs AC, 1d12+1 damage (+1d12 on crit)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can will take all damage for the craftsmen.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The dead breach the Palisade in 3 places, jerking like puppets on strings as the figure in read armor leads them forwards. They seem stronger, smarter, more coordinated in his presence and those nearby seem to rerise more easily and are less weakened when they return. The dead charging ahead of him through the breach.

At his direction, the archers turn their attention to the Craftsmen in the tower, raking them with arrows and killing two of them.

Though slowed considerably by the palisade, it is becoming very quickly overrun, with Eithal taking the brunt of the assault and sent reeling. They dead are closing from all sides, even the skies...

[sblock=Helping me out a bit]HM, can you please post a statblock with your posts? Even if it had nothing but your defenses in it, it would be handy. Each round when something attacks you, I have to track down your sheet on Wikia(the one in your sig doesn't work).

If anyone readies an action, can you post what the power's +x vs Def, xdx+x damage and y effect on hit/miss? Saves me time looking it up.

Likewise, if you have any triggered reactions/interrupts, can you post them with/near your actions so I remember to trigger them and what they do? I went to Fredrock's sheet and figured out he'd get 7 DR this round, but it took me a bit.

Thanks.[/sblock]

[sblock=Party attacks]Craftsman 10: Crossbow - 1d20+4(-2 range)=4 AC vs Rerisen Archer 3, miss. Craftsman 10 OA: 1d20+4+2(CA)=16, hit, 4 damage. Craftsman 8 Readied attack: automatic miss. Fredrock's readied attack: 1d20+6=21 AC, hit, 1d10+6=13 damage and push 1.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Dead 1: Slam: 11 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 4: Slam(-2 mark): 21 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage.
Rerisen Dead 6
: Slam: 17 AC vs Palisade, hit, 5 damage. Move to M25.
Rerisen Dead 7
: Double Move to O21.
Rerisen Dead 8: Rerise: success, Slam(-2 prone): 23 AC vs Kaz, hit, 5 damage and push 1.
Rerisen Dead 11: Slam: 13 AC vs Palisade, miss.
Rerisen Dead 12: Attempt to climb Palisade, 19 Athletics, success, Palisade attack: 20 Fort, hit, down.
Rerisen Dead 14: Double Move to N26.
Rerisen Dead 15: Attempt to climb Palisade, 10 Athletics, fail. Second attempt: 20 Athletics, success, Palisade attack: 14 Fort, hit, down.
Rerisen Dead 16: Attempt to climb cliff and Palisade, 14 Athletics, fail. Second attempt: 23 Athletics, Palisade attack: 17 Fort, hit, down.
Rerisen Dead 17: Attempt to climb Palisade, 15 Athletics, success. Palisade attack: 18 Fort, hit, down.
Rerisen Dead 18: Charge, move to I19. Slam(-2 Cover): 20 AC vs Eithal, hit, 5 damage, push 1.

Rerisen Hulk 2: Slam: 17 AC vs Palisade, hit, 11 damage, palisade down. Move to K6.
Rerisen Hulk 3: Double move to M8.
Rerisen Hulk 4: Save vs. going into Palisade: success, prone. Stand. Slam: 20 AC vs Eithal, hit, 15 damage and push 2.
Rerisen Hulk 5: Attempt to climb cliff and palisade, 23 Athletics, success, Palisade attack: 15 Fort, hit, 7 damage. Slam: 15 AC vs Kaz, miss.
Rerisen Hulk 6: Charge, move to K18. <Interrupted>
Rerisen Hulk 7: Move, charge, move to I12. Slam: 26 AC vs Palisade, hit, 14 damage.

Rerisen Beast 2: Move to N9. Pounce: Jump to O11. Claw: 17 AC vs Yim, miss. Claw: 12 AC vs Yim, miss.
Rerisen Beast 3: Double move to H12.
Rerisen Beast 4: Move to F15. Charge, move to K18. Claw: 15 AC vs Eithal, miss.

Rerisen Archer 2: Longbow(-5 Total Cover): 7 AC vs Craftsman 10, miss.
Rerisen Archer 4: Longbow(-5 Total Cover): 21 AC vs Craftsman 1, hit, dead.
Rerisen Archer 5: Longbow(-5 Total Cover): 8 AC vs Craftsman 3, miss.
Rerisen Archer 6: Longbow(-5 Total Cover): 13 AC vs Crafstman 3, miss.
Rerisen Archer 7: Longbow(-5 Total Cover): 18 AC vs Crafstman 3, hit, dead.

Rerisen Swarm 1: Rerise: success. Stand.
Rerisen Swarm 2: Move to G18, 3 squares up, charge, move to K18, 1 square up, Beaks and Talons: 15 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
Rerisen Swarm 3: Move to G15, 3 squares up, charge, move to K17, 1 square up, Beaks and Talons: 25 AC vs Eithal, hit, 9 damage + 4 necrotic damage.

Rerisen Lord: Move to G18. Life Drain(close blast 5): 12 Fort vs Fredrock, miss, 13 Fort vs Eithal, miss. Charge. Move to K17, Rot Blade: 22 Reflex vs Eithal, hit, 9 necrotic damage and 5 ongoing necrotic(save ends). Blade Storm(Action Point): 14 Fort vs Fredrock, hit, 8 necrotic damage and 5 ongoing necrotic(save ends), 11 Fort vs Eithal, miss. Creates Blade Storm Zone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Rerisen Dead 1: G6
Rerisen Dead 4: I14, marked(Fredrock)
Rerisen Dead 6: M25
Rerisen Dead 7: Q21
Rerisen Dead 8: K27, dazed, prone
Rerisen Dead 11: G7
Rerisen Dead 12: H17, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 14: N25
Rerisen Dead 15: I16, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 16: K30
Rerisen Dead 17: H4, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 18: I19
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12, Resist 10 Necrotic. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.
Rerisen Dead destroyed: 7

Rerisen Hulk 2: K6, 9 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 3: M8, 11 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 4: J18, 22 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Eithal)
Rerisen Hulk 5: L28, 11 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk 6: H18, 9 damage taken, marked(Eithal)
Rerisen Hulk 7: I13
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15, Ref 11, Will 12, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.
Rerisen Hulks destroyed: 1

Rerisen Beast 2: O11
Rerisen Beast 3: H13, 10 damage taken
Rerisen Beast 4: K18
Rerisen Beast: 28 max hp, AC 14, 11 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, MBA: +6 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.
Rerisen Beasts Destroyed: 1

Rerisen Archer 2
: A25
Rerisen Archer 4: F15
Rerisen Archer 5: F16
Rerisen Archer 6: F17
Rerisen Archer 7: F18
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 14, Resist 10 Necrotic, MBA: +6 vs AC, 3 damage.
Rerisen Archers destroyed: 2

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: J20, 33 damage taken, bloodied, dazed
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: K17, 1 square up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: K18, 1 square up
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 max hp, AC 16, Reflex 14, Swarm, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast, Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn adjacent to a swarm takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable 5 to Burst and Blast attacks.

Rerisen Lord: K17
Rerisen Lord:
Resist 10 Necrotic, MBA: +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+4 damage and 5 ongoing necrotic damage(save ends).

Livia
: Y17
Yimanyngurr: P12
Eithal: L18, 37 damage taken, bloodied, 5 ongoing necrotic damage(save ends). Note: in 2 raven swarms and the Blade Storm zone: will take 5 necrotic damage per aura she ends her turn in.
Kaz: L28, 5 damage taken
Fedrock: M29, 1 damage taken, 5 ongoing necrotic damage(save ends), 7 DR. Note: in 2 raven swarms and the Blade Storm zone: will take 5 necrotic damage per aura he ends his turn in.

Craftsman 2: AA13
Craftsman 4: Z24
Craftsman 5: Z14
Craftsman 7: M11
Craftsman 8: M17
Craftsman 10: L29
Craftsman: Minion, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 13, Will 10, speed 4. Longspear(Craftsmen 6-10 only): Reach 2, +4 vs AC, 4 damage. Crossbow(Craftsmen 1-5 only): Range 15/30, +4 vs AC, 4 damage. Shortspear(all): +4 vs AC, 3 damage.
Craftsmen killed: 2

Master Mason: Q18
38 max hp, AC 15, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 12, speed 6. Mallet: +7 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage.

Captain Cale: O18
43 max hp, AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 15, Wil 15, speed 5. All allies gain +1 to hit and +3 to damage when they spend an action point while Cale is conscious.
[sblock=Cale's powers]Viper's Strike(MBA): +10 vs AC, 19-20 crit range, 1d12+1 damage (crit 1d12+13) and the enemy provokes and OA from an ally if it shifts.
Paint the Bulls-Eye(RBA, Longbow): +8 vs AC, range 20/40, 1d10 damage and all allies get +3 to damage rolls against the target until the end of Cale's next turn.
Vengeance is Mine: immediate reaction, when hit by an enemy melee attack, +10 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage and an ally can move their speed and make a melee basic attack against the target.
No Gambit is Wasted: immediate reaction, when an ally misses all targets with an encounter or daily attack, attack one adjacent targeted enemy, +10 vs AC, 2d12+4 damage and the ally's power is not wasted.
Inspiring Word(x2): Minor action, one ally in close burst 5 heals surge+1d6.[/sblock]

Palisade Section HP(from left to right): Destroyed/30, 1/30, Destroyed, Destroyed/30
[/sblock]

[sblock=Blade Storm Zone]Undead have concealment while in the zone. Any living creature that ends its turn in the zone takes 5 necrotic damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Misc notes]I put a blue overlay on the map indicating the direction the tower's door lies. Also, don't forget that Cale has 2 Inspiring Words he can use to heal...[/sblock]

[sblock=Special rules for this fight]As a minor action, you may let one of the Craftsmen, the Master Mason, or Captain Cale take a standard action. They may take move and minor actions as well each round if you convert additional minor actions to "fuel" them.

As before, if an adjacent craftsman is hit, you may take the damage instead as a free action. Alternatively, if you are hit, you may make an adjacent craftsman take the hit instead.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]*Any terrain with rocks is difficult terrain. You can ignore it by making DC 15 Acrobatics checks to keep your balance as you run across the rocks. Fail the Acrobatics check and you are knocked prone. You can, of course, use Athletics to jump over difficult terrain as always.

*The palisades fill all the squares they are in and will make attacks against anything that tries to climb over them.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• TheTowerRound6.jpg
    TheTowerRound6.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Seeing she is in trouble, and she has been circumvented, she pulls back and quickly dispatches one of the undead creatures attempting to block their withdrawl. Seeing a craftsman in harm's way, she yells wildly, "Git bayak tuh the towah!" The craftsman blinks for a moment, unable to to discern the order, but seeing the danger, get's a clue.[sblock=Actions]
Immed. Interrupt: Warden's Fury
Target: RRH 6
Attack: 1d20+9=13 Miss Argh!

Free: Font of life 1d20=11 Whew!

Free: Mark all adjacent (Swarms 2&3, Rerisen Lord, & Rerisen Beast). Not sure if this is a smart move.

Move: Shift to L18

Standard: Charge to O20
Target: RRD at O21
Attack: 1d20+9+1(Charge)=23 vs. AC for 1d12+6=16 damage
Minor: Move Craftsman to Q17

AP: Second Wind

Anyone got a close burst 1 to center on K17. That would be cool with me.

Oh, BTW: Healing would be nice too. OOoooooouch! :eek:[/sblock][sblock=DM]A couple of things:
Thanks for pointing out the ministat thing. I'm terrible at that, but I'll do better from here out.

You have certainly outdone yourself keeping track of this mess as well as you have. I tried it with a ton of minions in Land Ho, and that was hard enough, but you've certainly outdone me here.

You have RRD18 doing a Hulk's damage and push. I'm assuming this is a typo and the RRD did 4 damage and a push 1. This makes the damage add properly.

If the hulk saved vs. going into the Palisades, then it falls prone at its original location (H19) thus not adjacent to Eihtal, thus not able to attack. This technicality is huge cluster@#&! to retcon, so don't bother. I'm just pointing it out.

I'm assuming that all these guys have resist 5 necrotic, otherwise the RRBeast, the RRLord and each of the swarms would have taken 5 necrotic damage from the swarms' auras. A technicality, but one that might come in handy in subsequent turns.

Also, stacked markers are hard, aren't they? They confuse the living daylights out of me. Stared at the board for 5 minutes before I realized that that's what you're doing. I had the same issue in the last encounter of Land Ho. I think I'll post a question in the discussion thread for any suggestions on how to handle this better.[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 1
Initiative: +1
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
HP: 15/42 Bloodied

Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 7/12
Action Points: 1
Powers
Strength of Stone link
Thorn Strike link
Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Grasping Winds link
Stone's Endurance link
Relentless Panther Attack
link
Warden’s Tempest link
Form of the Relentless Panther link
Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Ah, I read I19 as I17 for some reason and thought you were dragging it in front of you. That explains the discrepancy somewhat.

As for the RRD18 doing "15 damage, push 2" that's supposed to be "5 damage push 1". I think it's correct in the Combatants block and I'll fix it in the Enemy Actions as soon as I post this.

These guys all do have (at least) resist 5 necrotic, being undead. I'll add that to their "discovered enemy stats" in the Combatants list.

As for healing, anyone can use a minor action to make Cale use one of his Inspiring Words.

Xeterog

Explorer
ARRGH! Fredrock yells as he strives to push the advancing horde back some. i'll take on the leader, the rest of you get inside!
OOC: doing my actions now..will update post in a few min

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: Ongoing 5 necrotic bounces off the 7 DR.

minor to have the captain use inspiring word on Eithal (see roll below)
Minor to :close:Battlemind Demand RR Lord in K17
Action Point:
Standard: use 2pp to :close:Bull's Strength making it a close blase 3.
Affected squares:
k16, K17, K18
J16, J17, J18
I16, I17, I18

Targets:

RRD 15, I16--dead so not a target... hit him but he's already 'dead'...oops
RRH 4 J18 23vs AC hits, doing 12 damage push one straight back..so I18
RRB 3 K18 19 vs ac hits, doing 12 damage push one straight back, so J18
RRS 2 K17 24 vs ac hit for 12+5=17 damage and push one back and up to J17, 2sqaures up
RRS 3 k18 21 vs ac hit for 12+5=17 damage and push one back and up to J18, 2 squares up
RRL 1 K17 15 vs AC probably missed, no push (12 damage and no push if it hits)

with AP it's +1 to hit and +3 damage

I'll push all but the lord back if they are hit
Standard Action: :melee:Iron Fist on the Lord, 13 vs AC will miss
EFFECT DR 4 until the end of my next turn

end of turn make a saving throw...2 I don't save.

So, take 5 necroctic (out of the swarms area, but still in the other area..still have DR 7 until the end of this turn, so no damage)

[sblock=Fredrock]
Ongoing 5 Necrotic
DR 4

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 1
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19 Senses: Low-Light
Init -1, Speed:5
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:32/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 0/2
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
Battle Resilience link
Second Wind link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

:melee:MBA +3 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Xeterog]I don't think the rerisen beast is in your blast.[/sblock]
Livia shouts down to the people below. "Anyone down there have a sunrod and a good throwing arm?" Glancing at the bodies of the two poor fellows who have fallen to arrows from the dead, she tersely orders one of the remaining craftsmen to move below, then moves over to the others while firing repeatedly at the figure in the red armor.

[sblock=actions]Standard: biting swarm on Rerisen Lord. 1d20+9=22 1d12+7=14 neglected concealment so the attack roll is 20. 14 damage, -2 to attacks for the Lord and enemies adjacent until EoNT. If it's a miss, Livia will use her rebounding bow (grappling spirits on Swarm 2).

Action Point: Escaping Shot on Rerisen Lord. 1d20+9-2+1=25 1d12+5+3=20. Well, that ought to be a hit vs Will. 20 psychic damage, dazed until EoNT.

Livia shifts to AA14 as part of that power.

Minor: order craftsman at Z24 to move to the trap door and climb down to safety.

Minor: order craftsman at Z14 to reload.

Livia will take hits for the two craftsmen she's now adjacent to.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Livia Female Human Seeker 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:16, Will:17
HP: 35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left: 4/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Biting Swarm
Elemental Spirits
Grappling Spirits
Agile Recovery

Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Escaping Shot
Second Wind
Rebounding Greatbow

Swarming Bats

Basic ranged attacks: Biting Swarm +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target and adjacent enemies take -2 penalty to attack until start of my next turn; Grappling Spirits +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target is slowed and can't shift until the end of its next turn.

Conditions: none

Full sheet: Livia[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads