• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Discussion

97mg

Villager
Up to you guys :) We could dissolve it down to:
Bria
Main Party
Baddies
Rolin

Then once Rolin reveals himself we can absorb him into the main party init.

tglassy

Explorer
It's easier to keep it rolling when it's not a set initiative. I'd just make it "Party/NPC's". Let the party go in whatever order they can, and either have a the NPC's go when the party is done, or have a few NPC's go after a few of the party, and resolve it little my little. Up to you, though.

Steve Gorak

Explorer
By the way, I'll always try to have Gimlak act last, to maximize the use of the great weapon master feat. I'm watching the IC thread on a daily basis, so I don't expect this will hold backthe game. Once everybody in the group has posted, I'll post. I'm mentionning it to make sure I won't incurr the DM's wrath ;-)
If ok, I have a feeling that this approach will make a big difference in this fight!
Cheers,

SG

97mg

Villager
Hi Guys,

I'm cool with this :). All the players can go, then I'll do any NPC's and nasties.

No probs with Gimlak going last out of the player round (effectively delaying initiative), makes sense for some character types to stand and block and attack later, works well for those with sneak attack etc too.

Hey everyone, good times so far! I'm going to be off grid tomorrow through Sunday. Feel free to post for Zemryn as an NPC. I look forward to catching up on Monday.

97mg

Villager
Thanks for letting us know dain! Have a good one whatever you are up to out in the real world :)

I think Rolin is next, then I'll do a post to cover Korrud response and Bria.

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Hey [MENTION=6799460]97mg[/MENTION],

Just to make sure, Gimlak has proficiency in land vehicles from the folk hero background.
Would he also be able to drive a sled?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

97mg

Villager
Hey @97mg, Just to make sure, Gimlak has proficiency in land vehicles from the folk hero background. Would he also be able to drive a sled?
Totally! I expect he'd find it quite easy. If the group can gain some trust or find a way to get the engines to play nice, you could be sliding along the snow in no time :)

Steve Gorak

Explorer
FYI guys, in lieu of the long sword, Gimlak would be better off for the moment to fight with two light weapons, because of the +2 damage/attack from rage. I imagine Zemryn would also be better off with two light weapons, until we have access to shields and Gimlak's holy grail: Heavy Weapons! ;-)
Can't wait to have access to more gear!

BTW, I'm loving this game and love the ambiance!
Cheers,

SG

97mg

Villager
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Steve :) I'm really happy too, things are going well!

Have just contacted McD because his sneak attack can actually do an extra D6 damage... potentially enough to drop the last Koz

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Can our characters hear/see the coming Korunds? If so, how far away are they/how much time do they have?

In case it is required: perception [roll0], and a second roll for advantage/disadvantage, if applicable [roll1]

97mg

Villager
You can hear them for sure, but they aren't within darkvision range yet. Actually, Bria can light a torch for Gimlak if you like. Might help with the decoy plan too :)

As for how much time you have...mmm... a few minutes perhaps?

Advertisement