D&D 5E The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Discussion

97mg

Explorer
Originally posted by [MENTION=6967536]Imladir[/MENTION]

Hello,
I'm really interested

I'm planning on making a High-Elf (or Eladrin?) Wizard, but I do have a question: I don't know too much about D&D (even though I can make a character just fine), so I hope this isn't a problem.
When you say only Core sources are allowed, does that include the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide or Elemental Evil Player's Companion? Not trying to force anything, and I'm not even sure I'd use it, but I wanted to check beforehand what the options are.

Hi Imladir! We will stick to just the Players Handbook for initial character creation, just to keep things easy. No problems if you are new to playing either. We can all help each other out and develop a fun story together :)

97mg

Explorer
Hey no worries Imladir :) I've done the same thing by accident too on occasion, and my setup wasn't overly clear either. All good mate ;)

Imladir

Villager
Here's the sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1671093
The background is on the last page.

I have two languages to add, do you have suggestions?
There's also nothing in the divinity field, but it doesn't matter all that much at the moment.
Oh and of course, if you have other suggestions don't hesitate. I know the Charisma stuff is not optimized, but I like charisma stuff.

97mg

Explorer
Here's the sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1671093
The background is on the last page.

I have two languages to add, do you have suggestions?
There's also nothing in the divinity field, but it doesn't matter all that much at the moment.
Oh and of course, if you have other suggestions don't hesitate. I know the Charisma stuff is not optimized, but I like charisma stuff.

I like Charisma stuff too :) Languages are up to you, the Isle is home to all races in the PHB, and they can be encountered almost anywhere (except in the current mountainous alpine wasteland of course). Dwarven is definitely handy, but along the way I think we'll see many kinds of folk represented. Hope that helps!

Imladir

Villager
Hmm, I suppose it makes sense she learned Dwarven in the time she spent as a slave.
As for the other language, let's say Gnome? There could have been a forest with a small community of them on the lands of her family?

97mg

Explorer
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all your efforts and enthusiasm thus far!

I've added some rough maps and info into our Tome of Knowledge thread to help setup the world, and more will be added to it shortly.

In the meantime, whilst we finish assembling players, feel free to start contemplating your opening posts for when the time comes. They will require a physical description of your character, and more importantly they are a chance for you to establish what your fellow slaves know about you. Are you a blabbermouth who can't help but have told all about a learned education and where you got that cheek scar from? Or have you been a quiet type, just working and keeping thoughts to yourself.

Some of you may have formed friendships over the years, or even deeper relationships (I'll leave it up to you guys to plot that stuff among yourselves). At worst however, you would all have built a respect for each other during your persecution, and hopefully your slavery has taught you to set aside differences and work together... something very valuable for future days.

PS: I've reserved spots for those who have expressed interest thus far, as if they eventuate then we will have our 5 players :)

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hi Steve! Sounds good. A local dwarf's reaction to the recent takeover of the Isle by foreign hostiles could have lots of fun angles :) Totally up to you of course, and a meaty barbarian could certainly come in handy.

Great! I have a concept in mind. Apologies in advance, I'll post later this week, (crazy beginning of the week at work).
Thanks and cheers,

SG

tglassy

Adventurer
For some reason, the only characters I want to play lately are Dragonborn. I’ve got a Red Dragonborn Barbarian in my Discord game. Kind of feeling either a silver or blue Dragonborn Sorcerer for this. Or maybe a silver AND blue Dragonborn. Like, silver Dragonborn, blue dragon Sorcerer ancestry. Or something.

Question. Would cold resistance help at all in the cold weather?

Remove ads