The Road to Discovery

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Yes. We were told that we needed to cleanse the entire valley of everyone who is not Hebrian. We started at the seaward rocks and began moving inland and upstream."

At this confession Nalvis nods and turns, motioning for the group to follow him a few steps away to discuss their quest in semi-privacy. "So, now we know who killed our loved ones and why, and not only ours but so many others. What should we do?"

Mekric says, "These soldiers attacked the home of the Orngaddrin so they should have a say in what happens to these foul killers. The nameless leader should lose his head, that would be the only justice for so much loss, but the others may be brought to repentance. We should consult with Marmeren."

Arbrine says, "Beyond that I think we six should continue to travel together and fight against this cleansing. In time we should take the fight to Eastaboga itself and tear down this Shon Yu."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Prisoners of War

At this confession Nalvis nods and turns, motioning for the group to follow him a few steps away to discuss their quest in semi-privacy. "So, now we know who killed our loved ones and why, and not only ours but so many others. What should we do?"
Vik responds first. "I would like to say, 'Kill them,' but that would make us like them. I do not know."
Kwargrow said:
Mekric says, "These soldiers attacked the home of the Orngaddrin so they should have a say in what happens to these foul killers. The nameless leader should lose his head, that would be the only justice for so much loss, but the others may be brought to repentance. We should consult with Marmeren."
Veera motions for Marmeren to join the circle. "I think that you are right. Let us hear what Elder Marmeren has to say."
Kwargrow said:
Arbrine says, "Beyond that I think we six should continue to travel together and fight against this cleansing. In time we should take the fight to Eastaboga itself and tear down this Shon Yu."
Marmeren joins the friends and listens to their thought before weighing in. "Hear me out. This may sound strange, but we are genuinely a benevolent people. If it were only my people to consider, I would simply let these soldiers leave with their gear, without their boats I should add.

In the long walk, they would have to work together to be able to return all the way to Eastaboga. It would be a long walk, indeed. A walk that would determine their fates without our direct hand on them. For if they are truly malevolent, they will kill one another. If they do not, they will have to be a changed people which will impact their future endeavors. IN the worst case scenario, we will have to fight these men again, but it will be some time off.

As you are our guests and you were first wronged by these men, I leave the final decision to you. We will honor your decision
."

Quill looks over at Arbrine after Marmeren leaves them. "We should definitely investigate this change in the people of Eastaboga, whatever fate we decide for these failed soldiers."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: dazed: Mind = 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 0
bone arrows: 0
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lizard Skin: 60% & 40% cover
  • Peccary Hide: 50% & 20% cover
  • Sheep Hide: 10% & 30% cover
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 18 ingots: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 16 ingots: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 4 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 13 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Soothe Leaves: 1 measures: (+Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Mend: 1 measure: (+Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
  • Soothe Flowers: 1 measure: (+Mind x3)
.[/sblock]

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis thanks Marmeren for his input and says, "I agree with Mekric. This leader has shown no remorse, even in defeat. Though he has refused to give his name, I believe he is Aikiku's son and he killed his own father, a crime worthy of death even without the other attacks. This leader will die in front of the other soldiers and then we can release the others to make their way back to Eastaboga. If no one objects I will take his head with his own sword. I wish to remain here in this village for a few days to trade what we have found along the trail and to learn some of the ways and language of the Orngaddrin. Then I wish to travel back to Aikiku and let her know what has become of her son before we investigate Eastaboga."

Mekric and Arbrine nod in full agreement and look to the other three for their thoughts.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Justice Is Served

Nalvis thanks Marmeren for his input and says, "I agree with Mekric. This leader has shown no remorse, even in defeat. Though he has refused to give his name, I believe he is Aikiku's son and he killed his own father, a crime worthy of death even without the other attacks. This leader will die in front of the other soldiers and then we can release the others to make their way back to Eastaboga."
Vik, Veera, and Quill also affirm their opinions of Nalvis's suspicion that the leader is Aikiku's son.

Kwargrow said:
"If no one objects I will take his head with his own sword."
The six, with the aid of some of the Orngaddrins usher the prisoners outside of the village along the eastern rather than the main southern path. After Nalvis kills the leader with his own sword, Quill approaches him and says quietly, "I released all of their boats except one, when I stayed behind. Do we want these soldier to just board their remaining boat and leave with it?"
Abrine: full health
harnin arrows: 3
  • Lizard Skin: 60% & 40% cover
  • Peccary Hide: 50% & 20% cover
  • Sheep Hide: 10% & 30% cover
Minerals:
Ores:
  • Zinc: 18 ingots: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 16 ingots: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 4 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 13 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
Plants:
  • Soothe Leaves: 1 measures: (+Mind x2)
  • Mend: 1 measure: (+Body x2)
  • Soothe Flowers: 1 measure: (+Mind x3)
.[/sblock]

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis answers Quill, "No I would like that boat for our own use. Let us go to Marmeren." Nalvis leads the way to find the Orngaddrin leader and says to him, "We have some items that we found along the way here. Would your people be interested in trade? Also we wish to claim the boat that Quill left at the river. Can you hold these other prisoners until tomorrow to give us a good head start? Then we will go to Aikiku and tell her what has become of her son, but if we are welcome we wish to return here sometime."

Nalvis will keep the cleanser sword unless there is a better one for trade, and he wishes to trade for a shield.

Having seen the usefulness of a bow Mekric wants to trade for one if any are available. When the bow is not strung she will carry it like a staff.

Arbrine wants to know if any of the metals they collected can be fashioned into metal lined gloves for her hands. She asks the Orngaddin's opinion about how she can do this to improve the physical blows of her fists.

If the Orngaddrin are willing the three support the idea of keeping a record of credit for any other items the group is not using.

OOC: for trade, always keep one to help us find more: heartstone, zinc (17 ingots, ), iron (12 ingots), and tin (8 ingots if its worth a lot, but if its cheap then keep it all for ammo). Acquire for group in order of priority: 1. food if we need it, 2. since we're going to be on the river, fishing gear, 3. leather armor for Nalvis and Arbrine. If this requires a mercantile roll Mekric will make it: commercial: 69

Last edited:

MacConnell

Trade Negotiations

Nalvis answers Quill, "No I would like that boat for our own use. Let us go to Marmeren." Nalvis leads the way to find the Orngaddrin leader and says to him, "We have some items that we found along the way here. Would your people be interested in trade? Also we wish to claim the boat that Quill left at the river. Can you hold these other prisoners until tomorrow to give us a good head start? Then we will go to Aikiku and tell her what has become of her son, but if we are welcome we wish to return here sometime."
Elder Marmeren strokes his beard with his right hand. "That is a fine plan. We will gladly trade with you. You are welcome to come and go here as well as in the future and trade when you desire. We know you now. You are welcome here. When danger is not imminent, the gates remain open."
Kwargrow said:
Nalvis will keep the cleanser sword unless there is a better one for trade, and he wishes to trade for a shield. Having seen the usefulness of a bow, Mekric wants to trade for one if any are available. When the bow is not strung she will carry it like a staff. Arbrine wants to know if any of the metals they collected can be fashioned into metal lined gloves for her hands. She asks the Orngaddin's opinion about how she can do this to improve the physical blows of her fists. If the Orngaddrin are willing the three support the idea of keeping a record of credit for any other items the group is not using.
The Orngaddrin are willing to accept all items in trade except the stones. To them the stones are ornamental items but serve no real function. They are pleased to accept the collected skins, as these items are harder for them to acquire on their own, and even more especially the medicinal herbs, of which the party does not need to retain any to find more.

For the help against the invasion, the Orngaddrin are willing to offer a single item for each of the six regardless of its actual value. Nalvis finds that he is rather ill suited to the dancing sword. It seems to be made for someone who is of a much more dainty build. The Orngaddrin have a harnin (iron) axe which is much more to his liking that they will trade for the sword.
Nalvis is also given a banded buckler. Mekric is given a bow and 20 harnin tipped arrows. The bow is not as long as Renyaveer's, but then the Orngaddrin are not, as a lot, as tall. Renyaveer is given 20 harnin tipped arrows. The smith quickly fashions harnin tips for Quill's javelins. The smith listens to Arbrine's idea and looks at Rekyavik's harpoon.
"You need reinforced gauntlets. I can hammer out the small pieces to the measure of your hand and fit them to a glove, and I can make small spikes that protrude from the knuckles of the glove." He looks at Rekyavik. "I can also make a head like yours for that overgrown spear. You both will need to give me week to complete the items."

GM: Only Arbrine and Rekyavik are without their new items when the group leaves to return to the Village of the Marsh. Since Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill already know how to sail, they easily control the boat with the flowing current and explain the workings and needs to the other three. On the return trip, one of the previously freed boats is discovered caught in some overhang. It is recovered and towed. Once the group arrives in the Village of the Marsh, they see that the other three boats had been recovered by those people, as expected.

• nothing at this time
Minerals:
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
Plants:
.[/sblock]
OOC: Each character receives 28 XP.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Once the group is in the village Nalvis will seek out Aikiku first and say, "We were able to reach the Orngaddrin village in time. We tried to reason with the leader of the Eastaboga soldiers. He would never give us his name, but he might be your son. There was a battle when these cleansers attacked the Orngaddrin without provocation. Eastaboga lost and several of the soldiers were captured, including the leader. He showed no remorse for the lives that he and his men destroyed and only spouted his insane doctrine at us. We decided he was to pay for the crimes committed against our family and friends, and for the lives of people we never met. We put him to death. The rest of the soldiers the Orngaddrin banished, sending them back to Eastaboga on foot. We will continue to travel together and investigate these dire events from Eastaboga, and we were hoping to be welcome to return here when we must."

Mekric will greet Aikiku and any others she remembers from before. During the trip she works with Veera to learn how to use her new bow.

Arbrine keeps to herself and watches for danger. There might be Eastaboga sympathizers in the village.

MacConnell

Back at the Village of the Marsh

Once the group is in the village Nalvis will seek out Aikiku first and say, "We were able to reach the Orngaddrin village in time..."
Aikiku listens to all solemnly. The expression on her face does not change. She offers everyone tea before she responds.
"I thank you for bringing me this news. When we recovered the run away boats, I took it as a good omen. It was my son. He chose his own path. He was not always such an insolent child. In the end, he killed his own father. There was then nothing of my son to remain. It was a stranger wearing my son's face. I do not fault you or the Orngaddrin for the death. The Orgaddrin are good people. We have traded with them, peaceably, for years. You six are our friends. You are welcome to come and go and trade with us as you like. I welcome the differences that differing peoples bring. I am not one to harbor the foolishness of prejudice.

I thank you for the gift of the boats. I am sure that you are responsible. Such gesture has earned good face with the people. You are welcome to stay in one of the cabins of the families that we lost, if you have no superstition against such. With two of you being Norikadian, if you fish the deep waters, we would gladly trade for sharkskin or the cold water lobsters
."

Kwargrow said:
Mekric will greet Aikiku and any others she remembers from before. During the trip she works with Veera to learn how to use her new bow.
Veera is more than happy to work with Mekric in developing her bow skill. She feels a natural kinship with their way of thinking despite their physical differences.

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine keeps to herself and watches for danger. There might be Eastaboga sympathizers in the village.
Even though she is Hebrian and Arbrine is not, Quill periodically tries to develop a closer friendship with her, though like Arbrine, she seems quite comfortable to spend much of her time alone. Unlike Arbrine, when the group is all together, Quill is much more talkative. Vik is the one who is quieter.

Quill mentions that the group might want to see about acquiring some fishing gear, since they now have a boat, maybe some reed traps.
GM: As is the nature of people, not everyone in town is friendly toward the six, but more seem to be so. Some of the people could harbor resentment, but they could also still be fearful of future reprisal from more Eastabin soldiers.

• nothing at this time
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
.[/sblock]
OOC: If the party returns to the Orngaddrin village, Arbrine and Rekyavik's weapons should be complete.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
You are welcome to stay in one of the cabins of the families that we lost

Mekric says, "Let's clean our new home and decorate it to make it ours."

Nalvis says to the group, "After we are settled here, there was another village of mostly Hebrians that we have not visited. I would like to go there as well, meet the leaders there, and tell of the defeat of the Eastabin soldiers. From there we can return to the Orngaddrin and claim our new weapons."

Arbine says to Quill, "I sense that you and I are the strongest with our special gift. I look forward to exploring the upper levels of our strength with a peer."

MacConnell

New Residence

Mekric says, "Let's clean our new home and decorate it to make it ours."
Vik, Veera, and Quill readily agree and start to work immediately.
GM: The cabin is on the inland side of the village at the northwestern most edge. It is comprised of three room, a main plus two smaller ones on each side. There is a covered porch on the front of the structure with the main entrance. There is another exit at the back of the main room that is covered with a draped fabric. It leads to a short path where the original occupants could relieve themselves in relative privacy.

Due to the normal standards of life within the culture of all six people, two rooms are considered adequate without generating any feelings of awkwardness. Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine take the room on the left, while Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill take the room on the right.

Kwargrow said:
Nalvis says to the group, "After we are settled here, there was another village of mostly Hebrians that we have not visited. I would like to go there as well, meet the leaders there, and tell of the defeat of the Eastabin soldiers. From there we can return to the Orngaddrin and claim our new weapons."
Everyone agrees that that is a good idea.

Road6.jpg
GM: With the benefit of the boat, the six are able to sail upstream, reducing the trip to five days. During the travel, whoever is not actively manning the sail, is able to observe the local fauna and flora. Arbrine and Quill are not expected to take turns manning the sail. Instead they alternate manning the rudder.

The majority of the birds, insects, and lizards observed are not of a caliber to warrant any special consideration, but occasionally various river and marshland rodents are seen at the banks to be collected as food; and once during the trip, a small encampment of the sociopathic and often cannibalistic Graggorid is seen. A few stand and glare as the boat sails by, shouting threats.

Kwargrow said:
Arbine says to Quill, "I sense that you and I are the strongest with our special gift. I look forward to exploring the upper levels of our strength with a peer."
Quill smiles, "Oh good. It is comforting to know that we do not have to hide this talent among ourselves like we do in the villages. I am sure that we could determine more uses, working together."
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
.[/sblock]
OOC: The party may choose to deliberately engage the Graggorids, directly or discretely, by stating in a post; otherwise, the possible encounter is considered to have been ignored. In this game, random encounters are just that, completely random and are not designed to elicit mandatory action.

Last edited:

Remove ads