• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Snoo

Hi,
This is a monster that I have made a while ago and I have decided to share it with the wonderful people of these boards. Well here it is:

Snoo: Tiny Magical Beast
Hit dice: 1d10-1 (4hp)
Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Speed: 20ft, Climb 40ft
AC: 16 (+2 size, +4 Dex)
Attacks: Sting +7
Damage: 1d3-3 and poison
Face/Reach: 2 ½ ft by 2 ½ ft/ 0ft
Special Attacks: Poison
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0
Abilities: Str 4, Dex 19, Con 8, Int 7, Wis 11, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +20, Move Silently +8, Climb +16
Feats: Weapon Finesse (Sting)
Climate/Terrain: Temperate and Warm Forests
Organisation: Solitary, Family (3-10), Troop (10-40)
Challenge Rating: ½
Alignment: Mostly Neutral
Advancement: 1-3 HD (Tiny)

Combat:
Poison (ex): Fort save (DC: 9), initial damage, sleep for 1 minute, secondary damage, sleep for 2d4 hours.
Skills: Snoos have a chameleon-like ability that lets them blend into the background, this grants Snoos a +4 racial bonus to hide checks. A Snoo’s opposable thumbs and prehensile tail allow it to add its dexterity modifier to climb checks.
Light Sensitivity: Snoos suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls in bright sunlight or within the radius of a Daylight spell.

Snoos are small playful creatures the size of a housecat. They have four five-fingered hands and feet each with an opposable thumb and a prehensile tail that is twice as long as the Snoo’s body. Using its long proboscis, Snoos drink the nectar of flowers and the juice of fruit for sustenance, however a few rogue Snoos have been known to drain the blood of animals, however these creatures are often hunted down as an abomination by the other Snoos. At the tip of a Snoo’s tail is a sharp stinger which is used for self-defence, by delivering into the bloodstream a powerful poison which renders the attacker unconscious. Snoos are intelligent, almost as smart as an average orc, and make wonderful pets. Snoos are Nocturnal and can see in the darkness because of their large saucer shaped eyes.

Too powerful?, too weak?, just right? I would like your opinions on this creature.
Thanks
Cya

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads