The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin approaches the door of one of the dwellings with a light on, knocking firmly.
A middle-aged lady opened the door with a look on her face that said she didn't see many attractive young men accompanied by gnomes knocking on her door. Had Enialis been there, she'd have probably swooned, or at least invited him in for a cup of tea. As it was, she simply said, "Oh, my. Is there anything I can do for you two...gentlemen?"
Dungannon said:
"Today is not a good day," he mutters to Ryland.
OoC: If it was a little colder, it would be absolutely miserable. Warm as it is, though, it's not too bad, just wet.

Dungannon

First Post
El Jefe said:
"Oh, my. Is there anything I can do for you two...gentlemen?"
Devlin smiles at the lady. "Begging your pardon, miss, but we're looking for a friend of ours. She was supposed to meet us near here but never showed up. We're hoping one of the good citizens of the neighborhood might've seen her." The rogue then proceeds to give a description of Brigit along with a hopeful smile.
El Jefe said:
OoC: If it was a little colder, it would be absolutely miserable. Warm as it is, though, it's not too bad, just wet.
ooc: Devlin was actually referring to the poisoning and losing Brigit. The rain is just the capper. :p

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
"Begging your pardon, miss, but we're looking for a friend of ours...We're hoping one of the good citizens of the neighborhood might've seen her."
The woman paused...clearly, this was an awkward moment for her. "Well", she exhaled, "I don't mean to be rude, but I do need to ask you a question first. Why would your lady friend pick this spot to meet you?" It was evident that the woman wasn't in the habit of making guests wait outside in the rain, but equally evident that she suspected something...precisely what, neither Devlin nor Ryland could quite make out.

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
The woman paused...clearly, this was an awkward moment for her. "Well", she exhaled, "I don't mean to be rude, but I do need to ask you a question first. Why would your lady friend pick this spot to meet you?" It was evident that the woman wasn't in the habit of making guests wait outside in the rain, but equally evident that she suspected something...precisely what, neither Devlin nor Ryland could quite make out.
"I think what my freind meant was that she would meet us at our friend's flat in this neighborhood. She's not there to meet us. We got worried so we thought we'd ask around. Sorry for any trouble.", he says as politely as he can.

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
"I think what my freind meant was that she would meet us at our friend's flat in this neighborhood."
The woman's expression was still guarded, although she seemed trying her best to hide that. "Oh", she remarked, as if Ryland had explained everything. "So, who is your friend that lives in this neighborhood?", the woman asked.

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
The woman's expression was still guarded, although she seemed trying her best to hide that. "Oh", she remarked, as if Ryland had explained everything. "So, who is your friend that lives in this neighborhood?", the woman asked.
Eppy, a delightful young woman. She is our co-worker, and was letting our other friend live with her. Now we can't find her, and are concerned for her. Eppy's alright, but we are worried about our other friend. Have you seen her?

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
Eppy, a delightful young woman...
"Oh, Eppy!", the woman replied with a flash of recognition. "And you work with...Oh, she said you were short, but she didn't say you were a gnome. Oh, do come in, please, you'll catch your death of the cold. Please, make yourself at home. And you must be Mr. Devlin, right? Eppy told me all about you. Would you each like a cup of tea?" The woman invited the pair in as graciously as she would any of the neighbor women who would sit and share the latest gossip.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin graciously accepts the woman's invitation to come in out of the rain but, remembering the last time he was offered a drink by a host, politely declines the tea. "Thank you miss. As my associate said, our friend has gone missing and this neighborhood is the last place we believe her to be. Any information you may have will certainly be of help."

ooc: Diplomacy check = 31

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
"As my associate said, our friend has gone missing and this neighborhood is the last place we believe her to be. Any information you may have will certainly be of help."[/color]
"No tea? Are you sure? Maybe you'd like a bite to eat...I could fix some snacks in a jif..." The woman seemed distressed that anyone would decline her hospitality and was ready to start rummaging in the kitchen until Devlin assured her he'd just eaten.

"Your friend is that Brigit woman, right? Eppy and I talked all about her. I do hope she's ok. Eppy said she gave her her key so she could hide from those nasty men. Ooh, I do hope you catch them! But I didn't see anyone unusual around here all morning, certainly not a glamorous young thing like Eppy said she was. I visited Eppy in the afternoon, sometimes I bring her lunch and we talk if Mr. Archer isn't in. Oh, of course he's never going to be in anymore, is he? That's so sad. I heard Mrs. Archer made a lot of money when he died, something called insurance that he left her in his will. I wonder what that is? Well, anyway it must be worth a lot of money. Well, anyway, Eppy asked me if Miss Brigit had dropped by, and I said, no, no, I hadn't seen anyone like that. And she got so worried. That's when she explained that these awful men were after Brigit and she wanted some place safe to hide. I said, why don't you let her hide in your apartment, and you know what she said? She said that's exactly what I thought! So Eppy gave her friend Brigit the key, and she said Brigit was so happy that she had a safe place to hide until they stop looking for her. These must be just awful men! I bet they're from out of town. What do you know about them? Do you think you're going to be able to find them? Mr. Archer was always able to find people."

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
"No tea? Are you sure? Maybe you'd like a bite to eat...I could fix some snacks in a jif..." The woman seemed distressed that anyone would decline her hospitality and was ready to start rummaging in the kitchen until Devlin assured her he'd just eaten.

"Your friend is that Brigit woman, right? Eppy and I talked all about her. I do hope she's ok. Eppy said she gave her her key so she could hide from those nasty men. Ooh, I do hope you catch them! But I didn't see anyone unusual around here all morning, certainly not a glamorous young thing like Eppy said she was. I visited Eppy in the afternoon, sometimes I bring her lunch and we talk if Mr. Archer isn't in. Oh, of course he's never going to be in anymore, is he? That's so sad. I heard Mrs. Archer made a lot of money when he died, something called insurance that he left her in his will. I wonder what that is? Well, anyway it must be worth a lot of money. Well, anyway, Eppy asked me if Miss Brigit had dropped by, and I said, no, no, I hadn't seen anyone like that. And she got so worried. That's when she explained that these awful men were after Brigit and she wanted some place safe to hide. I said, why don't you let her hide in your apartment, and you know what she said? She said that's exactly what I thought! So Eppy gave her friend Brigit the key, and she said Brigit was so happy that she had a safe place to hide until they stop looking for her. These must be just awful men! I bet they're from out of town. What do you know about them? Do you think you're going to be able to find them? Mr. Archer was always able to find people."

"Mam. We appreciate your help. Is there anything you can remember that might be useful. Did Brigit ever come here? We should continue to look for her. If you see her can you send word to the office through a neighborhood boy, and tell her to hold tight at Eppy's apartment?", at this last part Ryland handed her five coppers to cover the cost of the boy, and a Gold for her trouble.

After waiting for her response, Ryland will prepare to leave and keep looking for Brigit.

Remove ads