• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tielfling and The Gnome: On the Set of 4th edition

Rabelais

First Post
Wow, I gotta say that the reaction from the people with NO SENSE OF HUMOR is incredible! Personally, the Gnome just laid me out. The whole Minion sequence just killed me. Seriously though, offended by the humor? I can see not thinking it was funny, but really? C'mon.

That last little bit when the Gnome was shocked that PC's would kill him for his loot was FANTASTIC! :)

Felon

First Post
Most excellent!

The gnome's voice is hilarious.

The tiefling trilling her R's made some of the lines really work ("infernal wrrrrath").

The ending was pretty predictable, and continues to be of that KotDT sort of D&D that speaks only to the hack-and-slash subset of players...but it was still pretty damn funny.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Rabelais said:
Wow, I gotta say that the reaction from the people with NO SENSE OF HUMOR is incredible!

Feel free to sing the praises of the cartoon if you want to, but please refrain from insulting people who might not find it as awesome as you do.

Humor is a funny thing. Not everyone finds the same things humorous, you know.

Rabelais

First Post
Wolfspider said:
Feel free to sing the praises of the cartoon if you want to, but please refrain from insulting people who might not find it as awesome as you do.

Humor is a funny thing. Not everyone finds the same things humorous, you know.

I've offended no one. I mentioned no one by name, I simply think that some people have a few too many dice in the bag.

Unfunny is one thing, but someone feelling like the flashtoon has hurt them so badly that 4e has eliminated them as a potential customer? Really? C'mon.... That's just a little much.

It's not the funniest thing on earth. That would be "This is Spinal Tap" but it's not offensive.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
Fifth Element said:
The only thing I have left to say is that I know what the first encounter will be the first time I DM 4E. It will be a gnome. It will be that gnome.

Don't forget Francis! He's such a good minion. (/baby_talk_voice)Yes he is... yes he is :) (/baby_talk_voice)

And it will it be the post-interview-cooked-well-done-Gnome? Or the pre-interview Gnome?

Each will be challenging --

Post-interview presents the overly-cooked issue... but he may still be alive in those ashes or simply toss a res spell on him... depending on how res spells work in 4e.

But if you make it pre-interview and you run the risk of the players metagaming. I mean, if the players saw this tape, they'll know the gnome has to live through your prequel to get to the interview alive and to call his mom and such.

Last edited:

fba827 said:
But if you make it pre-interview and you run the risk of the players metagaming. I mean, if the players saw this tape, they'll know the gnome has to live through your prequel to get to the interview alive and to call his mom and such.
He can be a recurring 'villain'!

The first encounter, he's 'pre-interview', and very innocent to what's going on. He'll introduce Francis, and invite the adventurers into his lair, offer them some treasure, etc.

After the adventurers kill him and his minion, take all his stuff and burn his lair to the ground, his attitude will change, of course. He'll be bitter and cynical, and more than a little hurt.

FickleGM

Explorer
Rabelais said:
Wow, I gotta say that the reaction from the people with NO SENSE OF HUMOR is incredible! Personally, the Gnome just laid me out. The whole Minion sequence just killed me. Seriously though, offended by the humor? I can see not thinking it was funny, but really? C'mon.

That last little bit when the Gnome was shocked that PC's would kill him for his loot was FANTASTIC! :)

After watching this, I went outside and grabbed my dog by the face and said, "Who's my minion? Who's my minion? You are!"

He just gave me that "WotC Fired Me" look. I don't think that my dog has a sense of humor. :)

drothgery

First Post
Fifth Element said:
After the adventurers kill him and his minion, take all his stuff and burn his lair to the ground, his attitude will change, of course. He'll be bitter and cynical, and more than a little hurt.

And probably undead, unless someone would go through the effort of raising a low-level gnome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads