• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The village of Prumen

Ferrix

Explorer
Sort of agitated with his failure at basic comraderie, Dai kicks back again and figures he might find better hospitality with that goblin from earlier, at least with them it had nothing to do with the color of his skin and the goblin at least was cordial with him.

DarkMaster

First Post
OCC: To keep the game moving I will assume that Marcus don't say anything after the Counsellor remark.

The mayor continue "We need to take action" the mayor do not sound too convincing and pretty weak on his feat. the captain stand up, help the mayor to sit down and continue "We need all the volunteer we can to make a punitive expedition to clear the forest of those snipers that are terrorizing our village. I need all the volunteer I can get to help the militian in this punitive operation. The operation will consist of sending all the man in the wood investigate the area and clean it up of all intruder, anyone has comment".

Most of the villager seem happy to participate in this brute force operation and most of them are stepping forward not even waiting for people to comment on the operation.

Marcus is a bit surprised that he wasn't even consulted about the operation. Usually the captain always consults you on matter of that importance.

OCC: This is not a way to prevent you from giving your idea, just to show how people can be acting like lambs sometimes :)

Last edited:

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Marcus will smile and try to put a good face on things, but inside he is churning.

This is madness. The militia should be investigating this threat true, but not with all these volunteers! Most of our time will probably be spent protecting them from the enemy, and from themselves! What is the Captain thinking?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Well, there goes any hope of being effective. Maybe I can slip off and have a look around before they start. I wonder if I could persuade a few militiamen to come.

Telic looks around for the man who he ran into in the woods yesterday (Marcus).

DarkMaster

First Post
Seeing that nobody objects to his proposition, and everyone seems to volunteer for the operation, he raises his voice "Then, I want everybody ready in two hours, we need to get them before the night fall, Marcus will lead the operation, his knowledge of the enemy will be extremely valuable to the group. I will stay here with a few militians to protect the town in case things turn bad to protect the children and the elderly." The captain then creates the groups. Marcus group will consist of all the member of this assembly except 10 militian that will stay to protect the town. All the villagers cheers the captain and rush towards the exit to get ready as quickly as possible.

Marcus spoiler:
As the captain finishes his speech, you look at the counsellor he looks very happy, you can't really say what it is, but you just don't trust him anymore. He always been good to the people of the town but, now it just don't feel right

Marcus, Telic and Solomon don't understand how last night encounter could lead to such an extreme action.

Telic while the people are rushing outside you get closer to Marcus.

Gnarll (the 1/2 ogre cook) is also walking in your direction. "Hey, the musician, I have a bad feelings about this, but I want to know what happened to all my coworkers, some were real good friends. If you go I will try to stay close, I trust your sword"

Solomon: you will be part of Marcus group
Dai: If you decide to go you will be part of Marcus group.

The wizards: The two soldiers, that are supposed to protect you are getting agitated at the idea of fighting, but seems confused about the strategy that will be used. They think that a small stealthy group should investigate the area first. "Bha, What the heck, as long as we keep our arms busy we are happy, we will show these snipers what we are made of." They turn toward you and say"Hope you are coming, otherwise we will have to protect the village and this is not my definition of excitement. This Marcus guy seems Ok, while he is still young he seems more talented than the other militian".

DarkMaster

First Post
As the people are quitting the room. The councellor ask Marcus"Marcus, did you or one of your men found anything on the sniper's body or in the field where the body was found? It is very important for us to gather as much clue as we can to get them before they hit us"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Telic nods amiably to the Half-Ogre, then glances around.

Looks like the this Marcus is going to be a little busy. Well, I guess I just have to improvise. Hmm, the half-orc looks like he knows what he's doing. Maybe he'll help.

Telic sidles up unobtrusively next to Solomon and says quietly.

"Looks to me like this lot will warn whatever's out there. On the other hand, a few people alone shadowing along beside it might find something. Interested?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads