• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 'Wonderland'-Inspired Faces of the RAGE OF DEMONS

Take a peek at some of the art from D&D's upcoming Rage of Demons storyline. This art is by Richard Whitters, who is the art director for D&D and used to work as a concept artist for Magic: the Gathering. WotC's Chris Perkins has indicated that one of the influences on Rage of Demons was Alice in Wonderland, and I think the influence is clear when you look at the characters below.

Take a peek at some of the art from D&D's upcoming Rage of Demons storyline. This art is by Richard Whitters, who is the art director for D&D and used to work as a concept artist for Magic: the Gathering. WotC's Chris Perkins has indicated that one of the influences on Rage of Demons was Alice in Wonderland, and I think the influence is clear when you look at the characters below.

CEXkKiqUsAADuq1.jpg

OUGALOP, kuo-toa cave cricket catcher extraordinaire.

CEXk_2UUIAA18QX.jpg

YUK YUK and SPIDERBAIT, goblin adrenaline junkies.

CEXlbDRUUAA1KJG.jpg
CEXlbDVUIAAjx2O.jpg
CEXlbHxVEAEU5nF.jpg
CEXlbKQUUAAQxoA.jpg

THE SOCIETY OF BRILLIANCE, the Mensa of the Underdark.

CEXlz0NVIAIsi3J.jpg

GLABBAGOOL, awakened gelatinous cube.

CEXmWjDUUAA95l4.jpg

RUMPADUMP and STOOL, myconid followers.

CEXm0_fUsAATIyA.jpg

PRINCE DERENDIL, a quaggoth who thinks he's elven royalty.

CEXnNiIUkAAMyaR.jpg
CEXnNikVEAA7aHI.jpg

TOPSY and TURVY, svirfneblin wererat siblings.

CEXnxQ4VEAAilzD.jpg

THE PUDDING KING, svirfneblin devotee (i.e., flunky) of Juiblex the Faceless Lord.

CEWVicQUMAA4Xqu.jpg

D&D's "Legion of Doom." What a wonderful bunch of malcontents.

Mirtek

Hero
This post was generated by a news article which your device or browser is not displaying directly. You can view the article directly here.
Please somebody tell me this is a late April fools joke. When I heard an Alice in Wonderland inspired adventure path was comming I thought "cool". When I heard RoD was comming I thought "so the AiW path will come after that".

But RoD is supposed to be the path inspired by Alice in Wonderlond? And we get cute funny monsters and demonlords? Does ... does Orcus have tusks????

No, given the cover art released by Wotc I refuse to believe that the art inside the book can be this .. this, well just this

redrick

First Post
This book looks fun. Nice change-up. Might actually look for a way to run this with my group when it comes out. Or at least portions of it.

An awakened gelatinous cube?Oh, how that inspires me!
I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I've seen this before. It was either an intelligent gelatinous cube or gray ooze that ran a thieves guild. One of the Freeport supplements/adventures maybe? Makes sense as this is also by Green Ronin.I really like the whimsical nature of the art, but its strange to have such a wildly different style than the cover. I think the cover is just fine, but would have preferred it be consistent.Also this will be fun to see what Gale Force Nine comes up with for their official minis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercule

Adventurer
I really like the whimsical nature of the art, but its strange to have such a wildly different style than the cover. I think the cover is just fine, but would have preferred it be consistent.
It is consistent... with the covers of the other books on my shelf. That's actually how I'd prefer it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My guess is that this concept art, probably from the story bible identifying key NPCs. Given the uniform nature, seems more like a lineup than RPG book art.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads