Dragonlance There's A New Dragonlance Novel Coming

After all the legal drama between WotC, Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman recently, this probably won't surprise anybody. However, on Amazon, there is now a placeholder for a Dragonlance paperback novel set for a 29th July release this year. The 2020 lawsuit referred to a trilogy - Dragons of Deceit, Dragons of Fate, and a third book. As expected, it's by Weis and Hickman, and being...

After all the legal drama between WotC, Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman recently, this probably won't surprise anybody. However, on Amazon, there is now a placeholder for a Dragonlance paperback novel set for a 29th July release this year.

The 2020 lawsuit referred to a trilogy - Dragons of Deceit, Dragons of Fate, and a third book.

dragonlance_featured.0.png

As expected, it's by Weis and Hickman, and being published by Del Rey which is the sci-fi and fantasy imprint of Penguin Random House. It's 304 pages. And that's pretty much all we know!

After the lawsuit was dropped, Margaret Weis tweeted that exciting news was coming; it looks like this is that exciting news.

Dragonlance is a legacy D&D setting and best-selling novel series created in the mid-1980s by TSR, the then-owners of Dungeons & Dragons.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Was there ever a novel of how they got Theros his arm back. The kind of gloss over it between novels in the original 3. If they didn’t, I would enjoy reading that as part of the timeline. If they did, let me know so I can read it. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Was there ever a novel of how they got Theros his arm back. The kind of gloss over it between novels in the original 3. If they didn’t, I would enjoy reading that as part of the timeline. If they did, let me know so I can read it. :)
There was a novel about Theros. I haven't read it myself, but from what I can tell it actually doesn't deal with him acquiring the silver arm and forging the dragonlances.

Maybe they can write a sequel novel, "How Theros Got His Arm Back."

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I must have missed that warrior series as I don’t remember them. I did end up purchasing the audible versions of the 4 in the series dealing with the knighthoods and the main character after clicking on the link you provided.,,,thanks!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I must have missed that warrior series as I don’t remember them.
The only one I've read (so far) is the sixth one, Lord Soth, because I absolutely love that character. Interestingly, the author, Edo Van Belkom, had clearly read James Lowder's Knight of the Black Rose (a book that's among my most favorite of all D&D fiction) before writing his novel, since he has direct references to Lowder's (e.g. the character of Caradoc, Soth's senechal), and yet gets certain details wrong, such as saying that, when alive, Soth had black hair rather than blond. It's not a bad novel by any means, but Lowder's is much better.

Remove ads

Remove ads