D&D Movie/TV There's A New Trailer For D&D: Honor Among Thieves

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

Those kind of people were only ever looking for an excuse to give Hasbro their money. It's the kind of behavior that deserves mockery. It's what Hasbro is hoping for. The mushy middle that finds conflict icky.
It’s not about conflict. Some people think life is better without the constant toxic anger. I just cannot maintain anger that long. This is a hobby for me. When my hobby has more drama than my real life it is difficult to keep caring. I call it perspective. Some people lack it.

Haplo781

Legend
Well, that was very disappointing, and not at all surprising. I won't be going to see this (and it has nothing to do with the OGL crap...).

This just looks like a bad movie IMO. I guess it is what I get for hoping for better... :(
Much like the 1.2 OGL draft, it's an improvement on what came before but still not good.

Haplo781

Legend
It’s not about conflict. Some people think life is better without the constant toxic anger. I just cannot maintain anger that long. This is a hobby for me. When my hobby has more drama than my real life it is difficult to keep caring. I call it perspective. Some people lack it.
I mean you do you but uh... Imagine having this attitude about, say, racial equality or worker's rights. 😬

"This doesn't affect me directly so I don't care" is how the bad guys win.

guachi

Hero
I believe the OGL situation will have zero impact on the movie. None whatsoever. Only a fraction of most RPG players are probably even aware which makes it near nil of the general population.

The number of people who are aware of what's going on is far beyond what I would have thought. I've seen it crop in a number of places and when someone makes a comment indicating they don't understand the short explanation that usually follows invariably makes Hasbro look terrible.

The movie would have absolutely made more money without the controversy. It's not like people are invested in a D&D franchise. No one is invested in the characters (yet). No one is invested in the story (yet). Not watching the D&D movie will be a very easy thing to do. It will take near zero effort to not pay money to see it.

As to the trailer, it looks, like the earlier trailers, like a movie I would have been interested in seeing. But am now not.

Last edited:

The number of people who are aware of what's going on is far beyond what I would have thought. I've seen it crop in a number of places and when someone makes a comment indicating they don't understand the short explanation that usually follows invariably makes Hasbro look terrible.

The movie would have absolutely made more money without the controversy. It's not like people are invested in a D&D franchise. No one is invested in the characters (yet). No one is invested in the story (yet). Not watching the D&D movie will be a very easy thing to do. It will take near zero effort to not pay money to see it.

It's won't tank the movie, it's a bee sting, not a dragons bite, but it still hurts like a son of Lich.

I think that is the bubble we are in hanging out on sites like this where we overestimate awareness about things like this. I don’t think it plays out at all with the general population. Even some people who say they won’t go will end up seeing it. I am not saying it will be a success. But it will live or die by how well it appeals to a broad audience unrelated to the OGL.

Remove ads

Remove ads