• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is a monster of a question :)

Azazu

First Post
I am about to start in a savage species campaign.

Im going to play a Satyr.

My Question is lets say my Satyr is standing onfront of a human fighting tooth and nail. The Satyr has a natural attack of 'HeadButt', 1d6+Str' Damage. Lets say my Satyr is wielding a club. Does my Satyr get to make his Primary attack against the human with the Club lets say at +6 and a secondary attack with his headbutt at a minus 5 or +1???

Or do primary and secondary attacks only deal with creatures with multiple natural weapons, and therefore would my Satyr only get the choice of making a Headbutt or a club attack??

shilsen

Adventurer
Your satyr could use both club and headbutt (gore, actually) in a full attack. One would count as the primary attack and get full Str bonus to damage, while the other would be secondary, be at -5 and do half Str damage.

Note also that if the satyr's BAB is high enough to get iterative attacks, he could get iterative attacks with the club (you don't get them on natural weapons) as well as attack with the gore in the same round. So at +6 BAB the satyr could attack as follows (only using BAB here):

Club +6/+1 and Gore +1

Hope that helps.

Remove ads