Thursday -- The New Saturday

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
What happened to Thursday nights? Thursday was once the best night of television, but now there's nothing on that I like. Last season was pretty abysmal too, with nothing on until CBS started its lineup in November, and even then there was 90 minutes of crap between The Big Bang Theory and Elementary. NBC, which once ruled Thursdays, didn't even try. They definitely should have kept Parks and Recreation on Thursday, and they should have brought it back when they cancelled Bad Judge and A to Z. Now CBS is going to put 2 Broke Girls, a show that never should have gotten a second season, much less a fifth, and it's going to poison the rest of the schedule. And Life In Pieces, which is a terrible show, is also moving to Thursday. I gave up on Gray's Anatomy years ago (the musical episode was the final nail in its coffin), and NBC still isn't trying. One Saturday is enough!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Weird. Saturday night is the biggest night for TV here.

really? all we get here is the Lotto draw and the premiere movie night, it's generally assumed that Saturday is the day when peole are "out" rather than at home watching TV. We actually get better TV on Sunday night - including Doctor Who

we're luckily getting a pretty good spread over the week too, Wednesday and Thursday are where The Flash, Arrow and SHEILD are clustered but Monday and Tuesday aren't bad either. Friday has become Music night with X Faxtor, Got Talent and the Voice (we get the UK, US and Australian versions spread across the year)

but yeah Ondemand means time doesn't matter. I'm watching the latest episode of Arrow right now

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
between Hulu, Netflix, CBS.com I don't care when something is on. I watch what I want, when I want.

Jhaelen

First Post
really? all we get here is the Lotto draw and the premiere movie night, it's generally assumed that Saturday is the day when peole are "out" rather than at home watching TV. We actually get better TV on Sunday night - including Doctor Who
Yup, here it's Sunday, too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sunday's big, too.

Saturday is Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, etc. High-rated (non-soap) stuff.

Sunday is X Factor, Downton Abbey, etc. Again, highly popular non-soap stuff.

It's up until about 9pm or so (so early evening really), then people tend to go out after that. That said, the audience for Strictly Come Dancing probably isn't hitting the nightclubs.

Crothian

First Post
What happened to Thursday nights? Thursday was once the best night of television, but now there's nothing on that I like. Last season was pretty abysmal too, with nothing on until CBS started its lineup in November, and even then there was 90 minutes of crap between The Big Bang Theory and Elementary. NBC, which once ruled Thursdays, didn't even try. They definitely should have kept Parks and Recreation on Thursday, and they should have brought it back when they cancelled Bad Judge and A to Z. Now CBS is going to put 2 Broke Girls, a show that never should have gotten a second season, much less a fifth, and it's going to poison the rest of the schedule. And Life In Pieces, which is a terrible show, is also moving to Thursday. I gave up on Gray's Anatomy years ago (the musical episode was the final nail in its coffin), and NBC still isn't trying. One Saturday is enough!

Just because there is nothing you like on that night doesn't mean it doesn't have good shows. Heck, the two shows you mention BBT and Elementary I don't watch.

Crothian

First Post
It kind of does. How many people call a show they don't like good?

That's weird. You can't appreciate something you don't like and recognize it as good but just not for you? There are plenty of shows that I would call good that I don't like just like there are shows that I like but I wouldn't call them good.

Remove ads