• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tournament of Champions CR .5 to 5 (Archive)

Gansk

Explorer
Round 3: Jellyfish ignore Luparo's howl (21 Will save).

Jellyfish flails with six tentacles and hits with one (rolled 22, beat miss chance).

Luparo takes 6-5 and has 37 hp left. No grab is attempted (made a mistake last time).

Luparo resists the babbling (18 Will save).

Round 4!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Luparo pulls away and rises higher into the air, then blasts with the cold.

MEA: to 110n45e30z then to 110n60e40z to 100n65e40z
Std: Cone of Cold

Gansk

Explorer
Round 4: Jellyfish misses the AoO (rolled 13).

Jellyfish dodges the cold (21 CL check, 21 Ref save). It takes 11 cold and has 34 hp left.

ugulu

First Post
Ugh. JF will curl south then north, rising to 85n60e40z...and talking about the value of TV guide vs. the onscreen program guide.[sblock]Instead of melee, try Daze Monster supernatural ability, DC15[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Jellyfish:[sblock]The daze monster has no effect.[/sblock]

Luparo knows all about the TV guide controversy and is willing to discuss (23 Will save).

Round 5!

ugulu

First Post
JF will attempt a grapple with the AoO - then if he's still floating, move to 85n50e and try another grapple attempt. As for conversation, how about a deep inquiry into the "which of the Survivor shows had the most drama?"

G[sblock]Am I right in that if Luparo does not have 10' reach, he cannot take the AoO on a grapple attempt w/o Improved Grapple, because he cannot reach JF? I'll try it even if I'm wrong, but I'm hoping that makes sense.[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Hmm, it looks like I let you guys fly through the VZ roof. Your altitudes should be a maximum of 35Z for Luparo and 30Z for Jellyfish.

Round 5: Jellyfish grabs Luparo with the AoO (rolled 21 touch, beat miss chance, 33 vs. 29 Grp check). It inflicts no initial damage on Luparo, but it then constricts for 5. Luparo has 32 hp left.

Luparo has a standard action left in round 5.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads