• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Transformers

Krug

Newshound
Well I wish there was more of the big honkin' robots and less of the flag waving or necessary 'human' action. But it was all right. Not astounding.

Krug said:
Well I wish there was more of the big honkin' robots and less of the flag waving or necessary 'human' action. But it was all right. Not astounding.
I'll go the other way and say it WAS astounding.

Nearly two and a half hours of almost constant action. Even if they were fighting humans some of the time just WATCHING them move and fight was amazing. The transforming didn't get old. It was EXACTLY what a Transformers movie should be, and I'm shocked because I had very low expectations with Michael Bay attached.

Oh, and while the Autobots are, obviously, rocking...Starscream > All.

Asmor

First Post
Just got back myself.

Hell yeah! Awesome movie. Well, would have been better without all the parts with the stupid fleshbags, but even those weren't so bad.

Biggest disappointment for me was what they did to Jazz. He used to be one of the cooler autobots, now he's a freaking... uhh... rigga? (Robot... you know what).

Very pleased they got the same voice actor for Optimus Prime. Wish they'd been able to get some others, though... In particular, Starscream, Megatron and Ironhide are all voices I fondly remember. I didn't like the fact that all the autobots had mouths. I kinda wish they'd kept a featureless mouthpiece over some, like Optimus

[sblock]So glad Jazz died. Loved all the fan service, particularly Optimus's "One shall stand, one shall fall" line. I just wish they'd had Megatron say "I'll rip out your optics, Prime!" Oh, and I wish they had the original theme song from the movie playing during the credits. That would have just been way too cool.[/sblock]

Oh, and I really wish I could find my Transformers: The Movie DVD :( So jonesing for it right now, wanted to watch it before the movie.

Oh well... I leave you all with the universal greeting.

Bah weep grahna weep ninibom!

DonTadow

First Post
Wow! finally a good action movie this summer. It had everything, good intense action, fast chases, robots battling, a solid story, a bit of love and a drunkard mother for comic relief.

paradox42

First Post
You can add my accolade to the pile. For me, it was awesome, and by that I mean I was in awe. My jaw dropped for the final battles in the city, and stayed that way throughout. I wondered idly what time it was during the scenes when the Autobots were "sneaking around" the house, but didn't actually look at my watch, and that was the only time during the entire movie that I even came close. I don't even remember the last time a movie over two hours long kept my attention so completely- my eyes were all but glued to the screen.

Oh, and stay for a few minutes after the credits start rolling, there's a couple of extra comic treats. :)

jonathan swift

First Post
Everything about the movie was spot on for me.

The comedy was very funny.

The action was glorious.

The two girls were both very attractive.

And the CG was easily the best I've ever seen. The robot forms all looked REAL to me. It was crazy.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Man oh man I wish I saw the movie you guys did.

When the most entertaining thing in a movie about kung-fu robots from outer space is Shia LaBeouf, then something is definitely wrong.

I can't wait for the DVD, because I'm going to enjoy this movie a *lot* more with a Fast-Forward button at my disposal.

GlassJaw

Hero
Wormwood said:
When the most entertaining thing in a movie about kung-fu robots from outer space is Shia LaBeouf, then something is definitely wrong.

Are you saying you enjoyed Shia more than the Transformers themselves? :confused:

DonTadow

First Post
The humans were enjoyable in this movie. They weren't annoying and at times they were very entertaining. that said, nothing outdid the robots. I didn't like the last action scene too much (megatron and starscream were difficult to tell apart because of all of the camera shaking) but the robots and cgi delivered.

I also marked out a bit because a lot of that last sequence is filmed in detroit and its the first film i've seen in a while where you can really recognize all the detroit landmarks. Michael bay must really like "the D" because this is the second movie he's filmed here and in this one he didn't even try to make it seem like it wasn't detroit.

Seonaid

Explorer
I loved it. I wish there was less romance and more giant robots kicking the crap out of each other, but what can you do?

We'll be seeing it again on Friday. Hopefully with the second viewing I can appreciate the details more, as the sheer awesomeness of it overwhelmed me last night. As others have mentioned, at times it's hard to tell them apart because of the motion, but maybe seeing it again will help that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads