TSR TSR3 is no longer the original TSR

After weeks of claims that TSR3 was the original TSR resurrected, that they started the hobby, and that they created Gen Con (a convention which started in 1968, five years before even the original TSR was created), TSR3 has now altered its stance. Now it is no longer the old TSR. The new company states "... we are not the old TSR in any way. We are a new entity." TSR3 has deleted many earlier...

After weeks of claims that TSR3 was the original TSR resurrected, that they started the hobby, and that they created Gen Con (a convention which started in 1968, five years before even the original TSR was created), TSR3 has now altered its stance. Now it is no longer the old TSR. The new company states "... we are not the old TSR in any way. We are a new entity." TSR3 has deleted many earlier tweets.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.03.23 AM.png

genconban.png

created.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.53.39 AM.png

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Takes out a venerable tinfoil chapeau
The thing is they aren't even taking advantage of outrage capitalism. I guess they could see if revenue at the Hobby Museum is up, but why not test it with a "tru olde skool roleplaying without the politics we don't like" module? All this bad publicity is going to waste. I am sure there is a wonderful markup on "Old Guard" patches, but I don't think it is keeping the lights on. It is apparent they had to let poor Michael go to cut costs. /jk The flailing is real. There is no greater plan. Just a bunch of old men yelling at twitter clouds.

jgsugden

Legend
This is a series of tantrums by an irrelevant group of individuals that formed an irrelevant entity that is using an IP that once meant something to a lot of people, but has not been anything other than nostalgic in over 20 years.

Right now, we're essentially seeing that kid in elementary school that says outrageous things, either because they heard it from bad parents or they want attention. Either way, we have the choice of being the people that ignore them and pity their situation, or being pack of the pack of wolves that attack and devour them.

Their company is not relevant. Their words mean no more than any other twitter account. I despise what they've said, but mostly I feel pity that a name I treasured as a kid is now associated with this crap. I still believe the best thing to do now is to treat them exactly how they deserve to be treated - as if their words are so ridiculous that they're not worth noting in any way.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Looks like that Dinehart whoever guy is back (didn't he bolt from twitter earlier?).
And he's broken up with WotC. Sad.

Writing a "breakup letter" to someone that you've blocked (and who therefore can't read it, let alone react to it)? Immature and unprofessional. This is the sort of stunt that a middle-schooler would pull. "Hey! I want everyone to know that Wendy and I broke up! But don't tell her I said that, okay? She might want to get back together and I don't want it to get weird."

Suggesting that trans rights and fair representation are "politics" to be shunned? Regressive and offensive. This is the sort of outdated rhetoric that only a small and highly specific group of people are supporting. The less I write about them, the better.

Last edited:

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
3SR reminds me of Hamlet at this point.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads