TTRPGs Where Everyone's a Mage?

Aldarc

Legend
What are some tabletop roleplaying games where every player plays a mage, magician, or wizardy character?

I know of a few big ones like Mage: The Ascension, Ars Magica, or Invisible Sun. What other ones are out there?

I'm more interested in ones that are a bit gender inclusive or not so narrow in scope. I know that there are indie TTRPGs out there where you are, for example, playing as a group of teenage female witches or alchemists in the countryside or similar setups, but I would prefer ones that are a little more open when it comes to personalizing character customization.

Do Jedi count as mages? I guess they are more warrior monk (though not necessarily) types but FFG Star Wars Force & Destiny does that. And you can definitely set that up with previous Star Wars editions.

Its pretty easy to all play benders in Avatar Legends but the weapon user and technologist exist as options but I think many games could work like this. And I think benders against feel more warrior-monk kind of magic rather than traditional wizard.

Some smaller ones: Grimoire - Tales of Wizardry and Intrigue, Witchcraft RPG by Eden Studios, Pigsmoke, High Magic Lowlives

Do Jedi count as mages?
Thanks to Pathfinder 1st edition's Occult Adventures, I tend to see the Jedi as Kineticist/Monks because of this infusion:

Infusion Wild Talents – d20PFSRD

You form a weapon using your kinetic abilities. You create a non-reach, light or one-handed weapon in your hand formed of pure energy or elemental matter. (If you’re a telekineticist, you instead transfer the power of your kinetic blast to any object held in one hand.) The kinetic blade’s shape is purely cosmetic and doesn’t affect the damage dice, critical threat range, or critical multiplier of the kinetic blade, nor does it grant the kinetic blade any weapon special features. The object held by a telekineticist for this form infusion doesn’t prevent her from using gather power.

That object being the hilt of their 'lightsaber'. The kinetic blade is made of colored Aether. ;)

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Wouldnt it be possible to go with Modern AGE classless system and give every payers access to a Magic/Power talent at 1st level? Using either Blue Age or F-AGE spellcasting.

After that your players could continue their development by taking the Talents they like, either by going full-on mage or taking more mundane skills.

dbm

Savage!
If the question is about systems where every player could be a magic wielder there are many.

If the questions is about games where every PC is expected to be a mage then here are a couple more options. Unknown Armies is a game of modern occult. Sorcerously Advanced is a game where everyone has extensive magical powers. There are GURPS books based around the themes of magical practice, like GURPS Voodoo.

Fanaelialae

Legend
There's 'Of Dreams and Magic'. From what I recall, it's a modern fantasy where mages get their magic from dreams, and can even travel to worlds that exist within dreams. However, using magic risks granting substance to their own nightmares.

Remove ads