TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan looks a little bashful, a sheepish grin across his face.

"I agree to the price, it seems fair Obadiah. I can't speak for my companions though."

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea heads over to the desk full of writing utensils. She finds one that she can handle well, and turns the poster over on it's back. She then hastily begins her chicken scratches.

Noticing Finnian looking over her shoulder, she gives him a big toothy grin and continues the drawing. About 90% of the way through the drawing, Finnian is finally able to discern the faint distinction of an oversized skeletal face. Vaunea then draws a stick figure body and a likeness of herself.

Once the drawing is complete, Vaunea picks up the paper and shoves her horn through the skeletal face. She looks around the room and shows the picture "Vaunea no need magic. Vaunea funny. Hahaha! Skeleton die."

She gives a hearty laugh at herself, finally drifting back into the conversation. "Vaunea want talk to TURTLEDOME! guy. He like monsters. He like Vaunea..."

KenHood

First Post
She gives a hearty laugh at herself, finally drifting back into the conversation. "Vaunea want talk to TURTLEDOME! guy. He like monsters. He like Vaunea..."
"I don't think you realize the danger inherent in these creatures. Please, I'm offering you a great deal of gold for them. Let me destroy them. You did so earlier, and the action was free, without hope of renumeration, simply from the goodness of your heart, because you instinctively understood the evil these creatures represented. I won't fight you over them, nor will I hold it against you. I understand the drive for more gold--I was an adventurer myself. But I will be deeply disappointed in people I regard as saviors and could come to know as friends."

weldon

Explorer
Once the drawing is complete, Vaunea picks up the paper and shoves her horn through the skeletal face. She looks around the room and shows the picture "Vaunea no need magic. Vaunea funny. Hahaha! Skeleton die."

Well done, Van. That skeleton bit looked spot on. Ha! Can't wait to see you do that for reals.

"I don't think you realize the danger inherent in these creatures."
Well, we did have a close look at these things while they were ripping up your paper brain and making little rat babies out of the scraps. I, for one, won't argue when you say they're dangerous. I'm just as happy to never see them again. I accept your offer and I'll even say you're being generous and thank you for it.

Finnian looks around at his companions and taps his foot impatiently while he waits for them to respond.

You know, if you did want to be friends, seeing as we pulled those rat things out of your head, boy, it would be great if you could ask around with your adventurer friends if they remember my father from 20 or 30 years ago. I'd surely appreciate that.

And not to be rude or anything, but what do we do with all these coins? Do we just carry this box around with us, traipsing through town? At least two horns here should keep the cutpurses away. You know, I never really considered all the logisitical challenges of being an adventurer. This might be harder than I thought.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hadarai was sleeping. Well, ok, not really sleeping, he's an Eladrin, you know. So he was sitting on a comfy chair, eyes opened, "meditating" or something like that, which kept him from snoring, too. Tough day.
Well, he was- until a puff of smoke from the cigars reached his nose, and made him shudder suddenly, sniff violently, sneeze rumorously, and, to make it short, wake up.
He feigns relax and interest in the conversation, while he massages his temples and tries to discern, with old school memories and tidbits of information- if these ****ing rats might be worth more -or possibly much more than the 1000 golds the wizard had offered.

ooc: Arcana 22

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Hadarai]The rats are such exotic creatures that you do not have an accurate point of reference for judging their worth. 1000 gp does sound like a LOT of money and probably a good deal. Maybe someone with an interest in bizarre creatures may be willing to pay more, but you're not sure. You could always shop around. (DM Comment -- And that will be a Skill Challenge.)[/sblock]

And not to be rude or anything, but what do we do with all these coins? Do we just carry this box around with us, traipsing through town? At least two horns here should keep the cutpurses away. You know, I never really considered all the logisitical challenges of being an adventurer. This might be harder than I thought.
"Odd, is it not, how people often preface the rudest statements with 'And not to be rude or anything...'? I offer you money, and you blame me for the creation of a logistical problem? You've had many an unfortunate turn of phrase since we begun our discussion, and I blamed that upon your youth and exposure to a rather harrowing experience. However, I will not tolerate such disrespect in my home, regardless of the gratitude I feel for your rescue. Consider this a warning. If you continue to speak to me in such a manner and attempt to extort further services and rewards from me based upon your rescue, I shall ask you to leave my home. Is that understood? No one likes the hero who demands life, home, wealth, and liberty from the public as a reward for his heroism."

[sblock=Read if your Passive Insight is 12 or better]Finnian has crossed the line, folks. You need to make him stop talking, or Swillwort will get extremely angry.[/sblock]

[sblock=Read if your Passive Insight is 15 or better]Swillwort has a strong desire for the destruction of the rats. If you permit him to destroy them, he may be willing to express additional gratitude towards the party.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
There, there, now! speaks Hadarai, raising a hand in a gesture that is meant to tone down the mood. Let us not offend our respectable host, here! The offer is indeed generous, and it will assure us not to see these nasty things again. Also, It seems to me that sir Swillwort, here, is the original creator and owner of the creatures, albeit it surely hasn't brought him any good. I offer my apologize on behalf of all of my companions, and I propose that we readily accept your generous offer, sir.

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea looks sternly at Finnian. "Even Vaunea know he mad. No more talk. Go hang drawing. Vaunea come too."

With that, Vaunea heads out the door to put the drawing up on the post where the guards pointed it out to him, hopefully with Finnian in tow.

KenHood

First Post
The tension drains from Obadiah, and he settles back into his chair. "Thank you. I apologize for my outburst."

"Now, if you would be so kind as to place the rats in my fireplace, I'd like to set them alight and watch the little monsters burn."

[sblock=Character Sheets]I took the liberty of adding a 'Mini-Stats' section to everyone's character sheets. If you cut-n-paste the code from that section into a post (during combat), it will make it easier to keep track of HP, powers used, etc. You can use the strikethrough code to mark out powers that you have used.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Damnit, finally a passive check that I can pass and I'm too late;)[/sblock]

Drivan moves the origami rats into the fireplace, stacking them as if they are kindling.

[sblock=Kenhood]Thanks for the mini-stats!![/sblock]

Remove ads