• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Hobbit Films???

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Eridanis said:
If Jackson is at the helm, then consider my money spent already...
Who here honestly wouldn't see any new Hobbit film or films, even if PJ had nothing to do with them? I don't even see "Sauron with the Spiky Helmet" making a comeback.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Brakkart said:
Well said. The actors aren't getting any younger, so if they plan on using the same people to play the same characters, the studios really need to get their asses in gear and get the show started.
What same characters? Frodo and Gandalf are the only characters in both. You don't need the same actor to play either one IMO.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
krunchyfrogg said:
What same characters? Frodo and Gandalf are the only characters in both. You don't need the same actor to play either one IMO.

I've heard Bilbo has a part in The Hobbit. ;)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:

It is Bilbo, not Frodo. Elrond and Gollum are also is in both. Legolas could make a cameo as he is the son of Thranduil who has pretty big role. Gloin also showed up in RotK but he was very old in the movie and should be recast. The last character that I can think of that is in both is Gwaihir Lord of the Eagles, but since he is totally CGI that shouldn't be a problem.

krunchyfrogg said:

Assuming you meant Bilbo, not Frodo...

A new actor playing Bilbo is probably essential, since he's supposed to be a lot younger. But the notion that anyone other Ian McKellan could/should play Gandalf is blasphemy of the highest order. :p

(Okay, I exaggerate. But not by much.) ;)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Assuming you meant Bilbo, not Frodo...

A new actor playing Bilbo is probably essential, since he's supposed to be a lot younger. But the notion that anyone other Ian McKellan could/should play Gandalf is blasphemy of the highest order. :p

(Okay, I exaggerate. But not by much.) ;)

Except that Bilbo stoped (greatly slowed) aging when he got the ring. Plus the encounter with Gollum was filmed and part of the opening to RotK.

I also forgot two other characters that are/could be in both (with recasting). There is Lobelia Sackville-Baggins who is in possesion of Bag End when Bilbo returns and did have a cameo in the FotR (and another apperance in the book version of RotK). There is also the Old Gaffer (Hamfast Gamgee) who was certainly around and 32 years old at the time of the Hobbit even if he wasn't mentioned in the book.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads