• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Hobbit Films???

Brown Jenkin said:
Except that Bilbo stoped (greatly slowed) aging when he got the ring. Plus the encounter with Gollum was filmed and part of the opening to RotK.

And my understanding of that scene is that they literally taped back Ian Holme's face to make him look younger.

I suppose they could do that for a whole movie, or use CGI to "youngify" him, but I don't know if he'd be up for that.

In either case, the idea of recasting Bilbo bothers me far less than the notion of recasting Gandalf.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
jonathan swift said:
But, but, I love the songs.

Yes all the Quality songs: :)

Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
Blunt the knives and bend the forks!
That's what Bilbo hates -
Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Cut the cloth and tread on the fat!
Pour the milk on the pantry floor!
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!
Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;
Pound them up with a thumping pole;
And when you've finished, if any are whole,
Send them down the hall to roll!

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
So, carefully! carefully! with the plates!

Fast Learner

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Then watch SPAMalot.

Isn't someone producing LOTR broadway musical?
They staged one recently in Canada somewhere, Toronto iirc, and it totally bombed. The intent was eventual Broadway, but reports were really horrible.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Mouseferatu said:
In either case, the idea of recasting Bilbo bothers me far less than the notion of recasting Gandalf.
I always thought no one but John Huston could carry it off, but McKellan certainly made the part his own. While he's still alive and mobile, he'd be my choice.
Olgar Shiverstone said:
The Beorn interlude. You can lose that with zero impact on the rest of the story.
And all the Laketown political stuff. Whatever its other faults, I think the old Hobbit cartoon may have had it right in what to leave out.

Banshee16

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:
Who here honestly wouldn't see any new Hobbit film or films, even if PJ had nothing to do with them? I don't even see "Sauron with the Spiky Helmet" making a comeback.

Given how well done the LotR trilogy was in relation to other recent fantasy films, I would not be nearly as quick to decide on going, if it wasn't Peter Jackson making it. He's proved himself capable...who else has?

Banshee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads