5E Two Subclasses from Tasha for Barbarian and Warlock

Russ Morrissey

Russ Morrissey

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
For the people talking about ways to make a warrior interesting without more spells. This is a topic that has been explored by the GLOG. I give you

The zouave: a veteran coming back to the world of adventure. they have to knock off the rust, but their experiences give them special knacks

The gun priest: their faith and their gunslinging give them abilities.

Of course you would have to re-stat that in 5e but... making balanced stats is not that hard. Good ideas? That's hard. The GLOG design ethos is one of constant rebuilding and hacking, so the authors won't mind if you "borrow" their ideas!

For the people talking about ways to make a warrior interesting without more spells. This is a topic that has been explored by the GLOG. I give you

The zouave: a veteran coming back to the world of adventure. they have to knock off the rust, but their experiences give them special knacks

The gun priest: their faith and their gunslinging give them abilities.

Of course you would have to re-stat that in 5e but... making balanced stats is not that hard. Good ideas? That's hard. The GLOG design ethos is one of constant rebuilding and hacking, so the authors won't mind if you "borrow" their ideas!
The Zouave could easily be turned in a 5e fighter subclass.
Nice set of out-of-combat features that aren't just ribbons.

GarrettKP

Explorer
Two new riddles that may lead to more Tasha's previews!

1600528080700.png

1600528096016.png

Need help solving.

@GarrettKP it is a time perhaps.

Ten minutes til 6, ie 5:50.

"Add the number of notes in a whole"

flats are -1, sharps are +1

First measure would be (1/8)+(1/8)+(1/16)+(1/16)-1+(1/8)+1+(1/16) = (3/8)+0+(3/16)= 4/8+1/16= 1/2 note + 1/16 note in a 4x4 measure that is 2 and 0.25

Second measure is 4 (for the whole note) -1 so 3

Third measure is 3/8+1+1/16 = 1/4+1/8+1/16+1= 2.75

Altogether that would get us 8, so perhaps the answer is 5:58?

I still don't like the genie warlock. I want to like it, the basic concept is definitely something I'd like to use, but the whole portable minihouse in the vessel as a low level basic ability just is way too goofy for my tastes.
Low-level spells being able to create effects like that though are pretty classic in D&D.

Rope Trick most notably.

Genie Warlock seems to basically be a 5e conversion of the Sha'ir mage kit from 2e Al-Qadim.

cbwjm

Hero
I really like the wild magic barbarian and wish there were more classes/subclasses that were magical but didn't use spell slots. Storm barbarian is kind of the same, a magical subclass.

About the only thing I don't like is that the number of uses for abilities is now equal to their proficiency modifier but I think that is more to do with the fact that this is a change that seems to have come in halfway through the edition instead of being there from the start. I'd prefer that abilities either continued to use X+stat modifier or had started out as proficiency bonus number of uses (which might be more useful when multiclassing). Pretty sure it's just a lack of consistency thing for me.

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement1

Latest threads

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4