D&D 5E Two Subclasses from Tasha for Barbarian and Warlock

pukunui

Legend
They've stated the number of new Subclasses, and it happens to be the same number of tested UA Subclasses minus two. So it looks like everything aside from the Onomancer and Psion made it in, plus the Magic reprints and the Bladesinger.
Plus the artificer reprints and the new armorer subclass.

Wild magic barbarian i can take or leave, but the genie warlock i do really like. I wish they'd gone with a more wholehearted way of letting Eldritch Blast do elemental damage though (like they did with the undead pact and necrotic damage in UA recently) - + proficiency damage once per round is pretty feeble - but at least they made a gesture. Dependency on Eldritch Blast and its associated invocations really are a millstone around the neck of the entire Warlock class at this point. And it would have nice to see Planar Ally as a genie pact spell, that'd be really thematic i think.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
What does a 10 minute short rest do?

do warlocks get a lot more spells this way? Other classes would be effected too.

I wonder how much thought they put into the respite feature and how it will I’ll be used/abused?

I like genie warlocks. I may have to go for it...I can see yet another variety of blade pact in my future....

Phazonfish

B-Rank Agent
Yeah, no, that was ages ago. The subclasses being tested for this book only go back a year (the wild soul barbarian and astral self monk were the first and were released in August 2019).

Perhaps they mean the Order of Scribes Wizard from May's article, as many seem to consider it to be the spiritual successor to the Lore Wizard?

MarkB

Legend
What does a 10 minute short rest do?

do warlocks get a lot more spells this way? Other classes would be effected too.

I wonder how much thought they put into the respite feature and how it will I’ll be used/abused?
A ten minute short rest is certainly handy for a class like the Warlock that recovers spells / resources on a short rest - and you can share it with the party.

However, it's still once per day - once you enter the sanctum you can't do so again until after a long rest - so it's not overpowered.

I'm looking forward to playing a genie warlock. Considering both fluff and crunch, it is my favorite warlock patron. Genies have always been one of favorite D&D monsters.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Limited Wish is a poorly designed feature. Don't know how many times it has to be said that players don't want to waste multiple long rests waiting for a character to perform at 100% capabilities.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
A ten minute short rest is certainly handy for a class like the Warlock that recovers spells / resources on a short rest - and you can share it with the party.

However, it's still once per day - once you enter the sanctum you can't do so again until after a long rest - so it's not overpowered.
Sure enough. I missed that line. Yeah it’s nice but not outrageous at all. I still am interested in this subclass...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases