• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ukraine invasion

Zardnaar

Legend
A Historical Eurpoean Martial Arts equpment company based in the Czech Republic, that has their manufacturing located in Russia, is moving their facilities to Georgia (the country, not the US state), because their business is getting killed.

I wouldn't move anything to Moldova or Georgia. They've also got unresolved issues with Russia.

Ryujin

Legend
I wouldn't need to veto it. I would deny any wrong doing, and the party party would back me up. Except for a few young upstarts, the opposition would act if they never saw it happen.
Time to found an international branch of The Rhinoceros Party. Join us. We have cake!

That's the diplomatic route. Push comes to shove great powers can do whatever the response will be whatever other nations chose to do or have the power to do. UN is just a glorified talking club.

They'll either use the general assembly to make things look good, do nothing or use article 5 depending on the situation and unfolding events. Or a few countries unilaterally intervene (realistically USA, UK, maybe France).
Yeah, that thinking went out for western nations in WWI. Even the first Gulf War was supposed to be about human rights (even though it was later revealed we were hoodwinked.) The US 'tries' to be the good guy, they are rarely perceived this way or portrayed this way by media and the public.

I liken the US to Joxer the Mighty from Xena Warrior Hottie. He is 'technically' a hero, he tries very hard to do what is right and noble and usually ends up with egg on his face or derided for the effort. And then occassionally, it pans out. My opinion only, I ask no one else to subscribe to my newsletter.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Yeah, that thinking went out for western nations in WWI. Even the first Gulf War was supposed to be about human rights (even though it was later revealed we were hoodwinked.) The US 'tries' to be the good guy, they are rarely perceived this way or portrayed this way by media and the public.
We wish. But there’s a lot of kidding yourself in that statement. Realpolitik is alive and well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads