5E Undead Apocalypse!

Fradak

Explorer
"They are after us, guys. It could be our chance to take out one of those werewolves while they are split up."

OOC:
Ichtaca perception: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Itchtaca is able to follow one of the beasts as it searches, giving you it's precise location.

OOC: Chances are you'll all beat the Stealth Check, but I still want to see them all. The DC is fairly high for a normal group, though the Pass Without Trace makes it much easier. I won't be going into detail with maps or anything, I don't really have time to do that right now, so we'll keep directions and locations vague. Needless to say, you are about a mile from the fort, and it won't take long to get either there or to track down one of the beasts, if that's what you want to do.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Galahad whispers a prayer to Oghma to guide his steps as they move.

OOC: Guidance for fun and profit. Or maybe fun and 'jeeze!'

Not sure if I can, technically, but could Galahad basically use a casting for everyone to get the d4?


Stealth: 1d20+1d4+12 15[/ooc]
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Sure! Everyone can add a D4!

Except for you. You Crit Failed. I use the DMG variant rule with Nat 1's for ability checks and saving throws. For me, a Nat 20 means you succeed if it is logically possible to succeed, and a Nat 1 means you fail regardless of modifiers. In fact, Modifiers are negated for either a Nat 1 or Nat 20, so in this case, your final score is a 1. For future reference, for saving throws, a Nat 1 is the equivalent of being critted on an attack, i.e. it does double damage if damage is done.

Don't feel bad. You'd have failed the check anyway. The DC is pretty high for a normal group without Pass Without Trace.

That said, I am taking a "Group Check", not an individual one, and two others rolled 29's (30 or more if they roll an extra d4). Which means the current Group Score is at least 30+30+1=61/3=20. So as long as the others (if anyone else is playing) roll even decently well, then you should be good. It would take some seriously bad rolls to fail this check. Also, the Companion needs to roll. And be introduced. I think he's ready to go on the OOC page, he just needs to be uploaded to the RG.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
[roll0] + [roll1] +10 = 34 - CRIT!

With his careful, gliding walk and nature and gods blessing, the angel walks with barely a whisper and he melts into broken shadows as if born to them.
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: @Shayuri hasn't posted anything since April 20, but I'll give a little time for Bunny to roll. If we don't hear anything from Bunny, we'll move on.
 

tglassy

Explorer
The group manages to approach the fort unseen. The werewolf Ichtaca is following almost found them once, but thanks to the Familiar’s directions, they avoided detection.

Now, closer to the fort, everyone can see how old it is. It is a central building, three stories tall, and a wall around the perimeter. There are skeletons lining the wall, six of which can be seen, looking outward, searching for their foes. From what Ichtaca saw, three groups of four skeletons had been sent out along with the two werewolves, none of which have come back yet.

OOC: The werewolves are out and you know right where one is, thanks to Ichtaca. It is close enough that it can race back to the fort if needed and be there within a few rounds. You see six skeletons, but the gaunt man that Ichtaca saw with the two werewolves is nowhere to be seen.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Galahad looks at the fort, wondering if they can get in without alerting the 'guards' or not. "Once we're in, I can set a spell to warn me if the others arrive by our entryway. Assuming we can get in without having them fall upon us in the first place."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"We'll know if they return. I would really prefer to make it inside and close the door before most of them come. We must be wary of secret entrances, but in general, being in the fort is preferable. I can fly inside and try to open the door..." offers new member of the group, not enthusiastically, but offer nevertheless.

Amitiel looks up.
"I...WE...can blast these skeletons off the wall, but we need a way in."
 

Fradak

Explorer
"I can try to open the gate when we'll get there.

But, the creepy guy is still inside by the way. I'm not a specialist but if it's some kind of vampire, we should be safe outside during daytime, shouldn't we?"

 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Perhaps we should just approach the gates and see what happens. I believe the term is Parley."
"You would talk with them? I thought diplomacy died along with 99% of humanoids. And besides, if we assume they are looking for us, we should have position of strength before staring the parley, not let ourselves be surrounded. I strongly disagree with any talks before the group is safe. Don't forget that the city depends on you...us...to deliver some food and the sailors are vulnerable should we fall here."
Amitiel looks at Galahad in surprise
"While it is admirable you're willing to risk your life for peace and Oghma teaches us that knowledge is power and right now we know nothing about our situation which makes us weak. While in the open, if we start to parley we can be surrounded by the enemy. If it is indeed such. Let's agree to try to capture one of the living from one of the groups instead of attacking the fort. But talking while others are still looking for us..."
 
Fulgrim nods at Amitiel's statement.

"Our new friend is correct. There is no talk. They want us dead and turned to one of their kind. We can only destroy them." Fulgrim pauses for a minute and looks towards the tower. "We must decide before they discover us. Do we attack the tower or go after the patrols?"
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"As I said, I can fly over and open the door. That way, even if we need to fight the skeletons, we can keep others outside. Unless there are other ways in. But everything here is risky and if we're inside the fort it is less relevant how many groups arrive."
Amitiel reminds them gently, but waits for their vote. He actually doesn't care about mortal affairs in this as long as they work against undead menace.
"But decide quickly."

OOC: Vote: we attack the fort or track various groups one by one?
My vote is the fort.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
"I have already expressed an interest in dealing with the rovers first. Since we have decided to circumvent them, it seems prudent to continue on. Considering the lack of options provided I decided to offer one of my own. Do as you please and I shall assist in the best way I can."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Amitiel patiently awaits the decision.

OOC: in other words, after we get tglassy description of the fort and the distances involved, we move
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: So...we playing? [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], lets chase after the rovers and start something, in my experience these kind of group decisions can paralyze the game, but once started it flows back again
 

tglassy

Explorer
I am in the process of moving for the next week. My wife got a new job as a Zookeeper in a city 2 1/2 hours away, and since I can do what I do anywhere, we are moving! Yay!

If I have time, I’ll try to put together a basic map and post it soon so y’all can decide what your doing and make some posts.
 

Advertisement

Top