D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: From what I'm reading, if you cast a spell as a bonus Action, you can only cast a Cantrip as your action. So, I'm going to say you can't do both.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Eep!)

Arcana to identify the powerful undead: [roll0]

Bunny's feet pitter-pat as she runs to one side to get a clear look at the first ship's crew. As tempting as it is to thin the crowd on the other ship, she recognizes the wisdom of wiping out one ship as quickly as possible, to avoid having two flanks to cover.

She calls up another surge of flames and sends them screaming through the night and bursting over the deck of the pirate ship. It engulfs the ones throwing little hand-grabby lines, and as many of the more powerful ones as it can!

(Fireball for [roll1], DC 15 for half)
(OOC - Hehe, it's easier to do area effects with a map, but hopefully a 40' diameter explosion can cover most of the crew on that ship's deck. :))

tglassy

Adventurer
Bunny swirled her hands around, conjuring her ball of fire, but the moment she released it, it felt as if the magic was ripped from her grasp, fading into the air without an effect. The Fireball disappeared without so much as singing the air.

Behind her, the captain of the second ship was pointing at Bunny, and seemed to be laughing.

Enemy Ship 1, now captainless, rallies forward. The three Wights throw their ropes back towards the party's ship, Crawling Hands attached. All five combatants on the other ship, three Wights and two Revenants, launch their own ropes once more. Both ships seem intent on pulling their ships closer to yours.

OOC: First Ship:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Second Ship:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

All three of the first ship's ropes hit, the Crawling Hands latching on easily. The three Wights and two Revenants from that ship pull, slamming their ship into yours! They draw their swords, eager for blood!

Three of the ropes from the second ship do, as well, but they only manage to pull their ship 10 ft closer. There are still 10 feet between you and them! The combatants on that ship howl with rage as they see their compatriots are going to get in the fighting first!

OOC: I'm going to say the Guardian Spirits encompas your own ship, but won't extend to the other ships. So if the undead come on to your ship, they'll get hit.

Unless, of course, you move towards one ship or the other, but that'll leave the enemies on the opposite side free to board!

Behind all three ships, a figure rises from the water, soaking wet and very, very angry. It begins flying straight towards your ship.

OOC: And everyone is up again! We'll forget initiative for the moment, and I'll just respond as you post. I'll let you know when the round is over so you can go again!

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Doogie gulped as the scene unfolded, "Stuff this for a joke matey!" he called out before spitting at the undead boat. He marked the revenant and attacked it furiously before it could board.

[sblock=action]

cast hunters mark

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll=attack2]1d20+7[roll]
[roll3]

rolled both Hunters marks together because enworld seems to limit rolls to five per post

[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
OOC: oops, stuffed up second attack [roll0]

[sblock=hordebreaker]

With the hordebreaker ability he will attack a wight
[roll1]
[roll2]

[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Doogie jumps up to the Revenant, slashing effectively. The Revenant turns slowly to Doogie, then lunges with his own weapon.

OOC:
Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: 11
Attack 2: [roll1] Damage: 11

A third slash lobs an arm off the nearest wight, who screams in rage at the realization that, should he survive this encounter, he will have to go without an arm for eternity! He attacks with abandon!

OOC: Attack 1: [roll2]. Damage: 6
Attack 2: [roll3]. Damage: 6

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad watched the angels fly about the ship protecting those upon it. This was good, but this battle seemed rather dire. He held aloft his holy symbol as he intoned. "Oghma, protect us from these foul creatures that we might continue our pursuit of knowledge on your behalf!"

OOC: I think I can. I think I might. Channel Divinity: Turn undead followed by Sanctuary on myself. (It isn't 2 spellcasts.)

DC 15 for both. Turn destroys undeadbof CR 1/2 or less who fail.

Squirrels are evil!

Fradak

Explorer
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Tycho's blasts are right on the mark!...except that the flying captain waves a hand as if batting a fly, and the magic fizzles the moment Tycho casts it.

OOC: I'm actually very sorry. A double crit is awesome and rare. Buuuut, they can cast counterspell as a reaction, and there's no way he wouldn't right then. He wasn't ready for it before. Now he is. And even though it's two blasts, it's still just one spell.

Remove ads