D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Ahh, yes! The Xanathar tunnels! You see, the Xanathar was smugglers 'guild' who specialized in... " Galahad relays the information in a long winded dissertation until somebody interrupts him for the short version at which point, he looks perplexed and rattles off the pertinent details.

"I'm sure if I can get another look at the book I could quickly find information on the location of one of the entrances. No telling what's down there now, though."

Squirrels are evil!

Fulgrim looks over at Galahad. Hidden tunnels under the city. This could be exactly what they needed. Finding a safe way in and out of the city would be invaluable.

"How long will it take you to research these tunnels?" Fulgrim turns to the others. "We should be prepared for trouble. Like the rest of this gods forsaken world it's probably filled with the dead or worse. Gather your things and anything else you think we'll need to explore hidden tunnels under the city."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"It shouldn't take more than an hour, ic the book is where it's supposed to be, and it has what we need."

"Where should we meet?"

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Moving on so we don't get stuck.

The group decides to meet at a tavern once Galahad has had a chance to research the Xanathar.

OOC: [roll0]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Galahad]While Galahad is doing his research, he is unable to find more than a passing reference to the guild of thieves. Rumors suggest that the leader is one of the long lived races, though others suggest it is a more nefarious being, such as a vampire or a Lich of some kind.

As Galahad is about to quit out of frustration, he finds a note on his table. Looking around, he sees no one there. Whoever dropped it off did so so smoothly, he did not even notice them walking by. He opens the letter cautiously, and only one word is written on it:

"Stop."[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad examines the paper and his surroundings for a moment looking for a clue and quickly memorizing the faces of anyone else in the room and then, palming the paper, he stands and walks out.

On his way to the tavern he keeps his senses on high alert while doing his best to not seem like it. And if he manages to spot any followers, act as if he didn't recognize them.

Once at the bar he sits with his comerades and says simply. "I found only vague references, and no clues as to where to even begin a search."

OOC: I'll just roll these up and let you do what you will with them.

Investigation:: 1D20+5+1D4 = [1]+5+[2] = 8

Perception:: 1D20+7+1D4 = [19]+7+[2] = 28

Deception:: 1D20+1D4-1 = [3]+[2]-1 = 4

He could be many things, it seems a spy is not one of them.

Squirrels are evil!

Last edited:

"So there are tunnels but know information on how to access them." Fulgrim turns to Tycho. "You mentioned contacts that might help us safely through the hordes. Did you speak with them? If not could you? I do not think we have time to unravel the secret of these Xanathar Guild tunnels."

OOC: Just a heads up I am leaving on vacation today and won't be back till next weekend. I will try to post but will have limited internet access for the entire week.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Galahad]Galahad noticed a few people watching him from back alleys as he walked to the tavern, though it could have been his imagination. The moment he'd turn to make sure, they'd disappear, as if they weren't there. Unfortunately, he did not get a good look at any of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tycho]
Checking with your contacts, you learn that the underground tunnels are dangerous to traverse, mostly because of the local thieves guild, which is very widespread and very well organized. No one will say much about them, except that if you wanted to contact them, one of your contacts will deliver a message.[/sblock]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
"Isn't there a spell for this?" complains Bunny impatiently. "Or a protection scroll or something? It is very DIFFICULT to properly apply explosive FORCE in a TUNNEL. From one who knows!"

(OOC - Can anyone cast Hide from Undead, or is there a Protection from Undead scroll somewhere? To be fair; such a scroll would probably be very hard to find given the current situation, but Hide from Undead could be quite nice!)

Remove ads