• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Under strange stars

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khadid, Captain

"The problem is I think the ship is beyond repair. At least without a drydock. You seen one of those around here? Or someone who can asks the Gens for help beyond our present company?

Ashy

First Post
The gnome's brow furrows, "Well, they certainly aren't going to take to us mucking about in thier 'holy buzzard's' nest for a new boat, suren!"

Someone

Adventurer
(Actually, the ship can be repaired; it isn´t too strange to be stranded on an island with a badly damaged ship, and having to repair it, or even building one from scratch. However, that takes months, or even years if the crew has to buid a temporary village and grow crops in the meantime. If there´s hurry, and they have two or more ships, sometimes a ship is cannibalized to make the reparations faster, but that´s an option you don´t have. Anyway, giving three days seem to be more a symbolic thing than a serious offer, as they know your current state and know perfectly that it´ll take a long time to repair the ship. It´s no different that saying "we´ll kill you".

About their numbers, judging by the town´s size, if they are serious about making war with the jolly dolphin´s crew, things are going dark for you. Maybe the party could put a good fight, but you´re afraid the average sailor, while experienced, are no match for them, and you are badly outnumbered.)

Zerth

First Post
Amira

"Al-Khazad, captain, my advice is we make haste and return to our ship and make preparations for the worst. I sense the cyclopses are not completely unified in their resistance to us - that Pesetokos was willing to negotiate. There might be more like him - those, who wish to challenge their traditions," Amira explains. "However, I do not know, how we could use that to our advantage," she continues.

"We should not forget, that the cyclopses are also at war with the ape-creatures. That means, they probably can't send all their forces at us, but that might still not save us," she adds and sighs.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad, Captain

"Ah, but there in my lie our hope. Perhaps my new friend could get others of her kind to help us. Although they seemed as intent to kill us as the Cyclopes. As for my experience, no there is nothing that can help us at this time, I am simply well travelled and have fought thier kind before. Enough that I am able to exploit their weaknesses in personal combat."

Ashy

First Post
Jagra listens to the princess and nods at her words, conceding silent agreement.

Then, once Al-Khazad finishes speaking, he adds, "Well, how about passing along a little of that knowledge, cap'n? 'Seems like we all might be needin' it a'fore long."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil scratches at one arm idly.

"We're out numbered by two seperate tribes that both want to kill us. There's a gigantic bird that's revered as a diety and a three day time limit to get off the island before we all get slaughtered. . .

. . . so who else wants to go knocking on the door to birdy's nest and see exactly what's up there?"

Someone

Adventurer
(Votes for return to the ship, votes to go to the nest, and some hopes of getting aid from the absent big cleric. What to do?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads